⚕️Cardio⚕️

Start from the beginning

I balk at her words, "What? Shut up! I can't call him now! He's a busy man, Shy!"

Just then Kazuya walks in with a broad smile and a bag of pastries for his pregnant wife. Placing the bag on her lap he sneakily pushes a small bag in front of me.

Aw, did I ever say that this man is adorable? If not for Kazuya sneaking food for me, I'd never be able to eat any goodies that he brings back from his travels.

Mouthing him my thanks I place it safely in a small fridge inside the cabinet under my table.

"Kazuya, ask Wei Ying to call up Wangji. I want to meet him this instant."

Indulging his wife, without glancing at me he repeats her instructions, "Xian! Call up Wangji this instant."

Grinning at the love whipped man I laugh, "You don't even know who he is? Why are you listening to her?"

Turning to face me his eyes sparkle, "What the wife wants, wife gets. Simple."

"Damn you! So whipped!" I groan.

Kissing her husband's cheeks she smirks, "That's what he did last night to me."

Fuck.

Covering my ear I could still hear them laugh at my expense.

That instant my phone rings and I gasp at the callers name. Talk about him and he appears.

"It's him isn't it?" Before I could move away she snatches my phone and speaks, "Hi! This is Shy! Dr. Wei's sister."

Shocked I plead Kazuya to intervene who merrily shrugs and eats a piece of his wife's cake.

"My baby brother told me a lot about you. My husband and I are at the moment in Xian's office. Do you have time to stop by?"

Fuck! What's happening?

"Seriously? Great. Oh! Can you be a darling and get me some cola? My pregnancy hormones are shooting up and need all the sugar rush!"

Knocking my head on the table I hear her giggle, "Aw! Such a sweetheart. Thank you!"

Handing the phone to Kazuya she instructs, "He's such a sweetheart. Honey, can you forward me his number?"

This is super embarrassing.

Few minutes later there is a knock and soon Wangji enters donned in a crisp 3 piece suit and boots. He has his glasses on him and to say he looks spectacular is an understatement. He looks scrumptious.

Wei Ying! Take your mind out of the gutter!

Not leaving any room for introduction, Shy was the first one to get up and wobble towards Wangji, "If I wasn't pregnant, I would have happily flirted with you!"

Smiling sweetly, Wangji hands her a packet of food and cola, "Well nothing stops you from flirting with me even now. You're beautiful! But must say that I am not too good at flirting back."

Choking at his words I rub my temples, "Bullshit! Wasn't he the one who has been a pro in this game right from the start?"

"Wangji, this is my husband, Han Kazuya."

Helping Shy take her seat, Wangji occupies the couch he slept in 2 nights before. Has it been just 2 nights?

"Xian told me that you're hurt. How are you feeling right now? I can't belive he made you cook food with such injuries!"

"It's not a problem at all. Rather it was fun. I have been leading a quiet life until the night we met. So to be honest, since meeting Dr. Wei, I have been smiling a lot more." His words had direct effect not only on Shy but me too.