(Not) How I Wanted It To Be

B)

I wanted to add some juicy drama.
=============================

Y/n, in the infirmary with Shinobu, Aoi, and Tanjiro, were chatting about what happened back in the Swordsmith Village — the demons they've encountered and how the village was destroyed.

"Ya got pretty beaten up." Y/n said, listening to what Tanjiro was saying while he was sitting at the foot of the bed. "Welp, yer always like this anyway."

Tanjiro looked at him with a loop-sided smile, scratching his temples. "I guess I am." He said, turning to Shinobu and thanking her for the check-up.

Shinobu smiled at him, bowing and walking towards the exit. "Aoi, I'll leave him to you. A meeting came up, so I'm entrusting Tanjiro to you." She informed her, closing the door behind her.

Aoi gave a reassuring nod. "Yes, ma'am."

Y/n still stared at Tanjiro, not wanting to look away or not want time to continue, nor futher the conversation for now. He blinked slowly, the curtain on the window was swaying as the wind passed by. The sunlight coming through transparently and lighting the room with its gentle heat. The dust being carried away by the wind almost looked like glitter as the three stayed silent, enjoying this moment.

Y/n released a sigh of relief, his head bowing down as he stared at the wooden floor. Smiling to himself and a soft expression displayed on his face. He let out a small chuckle as he put his hand on his mouth.

Aoi looked at him with a confused look and asked, "What's the matter, Y/n?"

The mentioned silverette hopped off the bed and stretched, a wide grin plastered on his face. "Nothin', Aoi. It's just that... I actually don't feel alone, no more..." He muttered the second phrase, still smiling a closed eye one.

Tanjiro looked at him, a smile curving his lips as he chuckled. "Is that so? We're glad to keep you company, right, Aoi?" He asked, leaning on the bed's head.

Aoi gave out a soft expression and a small smile. "Ofcourse. We're glad to be of someone towards you, Y/n." She spoke softly.

Y/n laughed out loud in joy, his hands on his hips. "I really appreciate it. Ya guys are the best!"

After a while...
"Aiai-bitch, never thought you'd be spared."

"Shut up, traitor. Ofcourse, I would be. I just didn't expect you to be spared, either."

"Brat."

"I'm not. You're just soft."

"Why, you jerk! I ain't soft, ya hear me?!"

"Call me anything you want, I will never listen to a traitor, otherwise."

"You sophisticated lil' devil... Cum dumpster."

"Excuse me, what was that?"

"Nothin'."

Y/n escaped the dark room in the infirmary ward and dashed off to the open. He went to the back of the building and peeked from the window to keep an eye on Aizetsu. "Look at 'im. Unfazed and agape — like a fish. Hahaha, little ass grimlin, Aiai-bitch. Well, I admit, I'm an asshole." He muttered to himself, but while doing so, he was spotted by Genya and Goto who happened to be walking nearby.

Genya walked up behind him and spoke up, "Oi, what are you doing?"

Y/n glanced at him, standing up straight. "Just monitoring, Sherlock. What 'bout ya, whatcha up to?" He asked back and turned around from the window.

Goto tensed up and pointed his finger at you, but Genya just answered back, "Nothing, really. Oh, and... who are you?" He asked as Y/n felt a brick thrown at the back of his neck.