Chapter 10

Y/n and Yu headed out after finishing their meals.
Suddenly, y/n's masked glitched again, electrocuting her brain, making her fall to the ground. "Hey, are you alright?!" Yu asked, helping her to her feet. "Y-yeah, this is the second time it's happened, I'm sure it's nothing." Y/n said as she held her head from the pain. "That's not nothing. Maybe you should go get checked out, there's a doctor that I know of, well, he's a surgeon but same thing right? Doctor, surgeon..they all work in a hospital," he said shrugging his shoulders. "Tomato-tomato, huh.." y/n said as she laughed at his comment. Yu laughed with her, "I know I know but it's better than nothing."
"Let me get back to where the boss is, and I'll go after that." Y/n said, pretending to be all better. Yu watched her leave, worried about her.
On her way back, she kept getting flashbacks of some of her memories, "I'm always at this cafe, but I can't see who's in front of me. I can see everyone else's face but not the person that's a foot away from me..." y/n said to herself.
She finally made it back to the bosses office. Knocking on the door, waiting to be let in.
"Come in," Mamoru said in a low, calm voice.
He knew it was y/n, he watched her cross the bridge to the building. Y/n walked in, closing the door behind her. When she turned around, she saw Mamoru sitting at his desk. "Wow he looks terrible," y/n thought.
"Sit.." he said quietly.
Y/n did as she was told. He got up and leaned on his desk, in front of her. He crossed his arms, "I thought you and I had a deal." Y/n was quiet. She didn't know what to say. Thinking fast, she stood up and closed the space between them, "if I tell you, it won't be a surprise anymore..."
Mamoru lifted his eyebrow, skeptical about what she was saying. Being close to him made her cringe. She knew he was attractive, but his mindset and goals made him unattractive to her. She didn't like how his plans weren't for the greater good but rather for his benefit.
"I'm sorry, I just got carried away with the surprise I was making for you. I wanted to thank you for taking me out of that small little place that I was staying at. Ever since I met you, you've shown me kindness, and I wanted to repay that anyway that I can." Y/n said.
Mamoru still wasn't having it, he was upset that he couldn't even find her last night. Y/n looked up at him, laying her hands on his shoulders, pretending to pout. He finally gave in, holding her waist, pulling her in closer.
"Ugh" y/n thought. "This is the only way he won't get suspicious, otherwise I won't see Yu anymore.."
She took her mask off, lightly kissing his neck, "can you forgive me?"
Mamoru: "I can't be mad at you when you do that," he smirked.
"So what surprise are you planning for me?" He asked, getting excited. He looked like a kid that just got a new toy.
"Fuck, I was lying. He was actually listening.." y/n thought, smiling wider. "It's not a surprise if I tell you, now is it." Y/n out her mask back on, "I'll be back later."
"Don't be late," he called out.
Y/n made her way to Yu. "Where's this so called doctor?" Y/n asked. "I'll take you, come on," Yu said, leading the way.
Meanwhile...
It had only been 2 days since Sniper Mask had left the girls. But Kuon was still being delusional, "he probably misses me," she thought.
"I know... I'll get dolled up, he won't be able to resist me this way."
Yuri and Mayu just watched over Kuon, seeing as she acted like a crazy ex girlfriend. "Her being one closer to God scares me, I mean look at her. One wrong move and she could blow us up with that rail gun," Mayuko whispered to Yuri.
Kuon layed on Sniper Masks bed, scrolling through her pictures that she had taken of him.
Y/n and Yu arrived to the doctors little office. "Just let me do the talking," Yu said as he went in and talked to the doctor first before y/n went in. Y/n waited outside, being lead in after a few minutes. She explained what was going on with her mask as he examined it. Feeling over the crack, he explained that she could possibly go into hibernation.
"Just tell me how to fix it," y/n said.
"Easy now, it's not that simple, you need to find someone that's closer to God, to defeat your other you," he explained. "Other me?" Y/n asked. " do you mean the masked me?"
"Ah so you've already met..." the doctor said with a worried look.
"Hmm this could be a problem..."
Y/n looked at him, at Yu and then back at the doctor.
"You need to find someone to control it, and you need to do it fast."
They left his little lab/office, y/n quiet the entire way. Yu stopped, letting her catch up, thinking about what to do.
"Yu, I don't know anyone," y/n said worried
"Well I know one person.... Mamoru, but he definitely won't help."
Yu had the girls that could help, but he wasn't sure if they would since they knew that it was her who tried to kill them. And knowing Kuon, he'd risk her getting jealous. Potentially using her rail gun in her. A risk he wasn't willing to take. On top of that, he'd have to come clean about him being the mask that was helping them.
"But if I don't do this for her, I could lose her for good.." Yu thought.
"Y/n..... come with me..." he said.
Y/n followed after him. They went back to his place.