Never wanting to say bye

Ryuji was the first one to left with a laugh and a wave of his hand as he turned his back on everyone else, giving cue to the others to do the same as everyone went their own separate ways.

Joker sighed with a smile as he cracked his neck.

"It sure was one hell of a summer, right?" Morgana said from Akira's bag.

"Mm" he adjusted his glasses without wanting to say anything else.

"I know that expression, you don't want to go back do ya?"

The adolescent stiffled a laugh "who knows?" He made his way to the train station whilst he counted the money for the train...

"Four hundred thousand yen?!?! THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY!!"

The trickster nodded as he folded his wallet into his pocket "I guess I don't have to search for a work on my free time to live by at least half of the year"

Morgana opened his eyes and popped his head out of the bag to look at him "Still, you might want to save money for winter, aren't we going back here for the festivities? We gotta buy gifts for our friends"

"Well..." He looked at the sky for a second and then he began walking again "My father would probably tell me to get a job anyways, not like I can do much there"

The cat meowed "yeah, guess that's right" Joker's parents...a real handful of a father he had, he really gave Akira a bad time when he brought Morgana to the house saying that he wouldn't keep any 'stray cats' under his roof...but after one entire year of not seeing his son he eventually backed down...also because of his mother.

Yuriko Kurusu, a ray of hope that she was. Morgana learned that Yuriko didn't want to send Akira to Shibuya on his probation...his father had insisted so much on doing it because of his reputation at his work as a profesional surgeon.
Both of his parents were incredibly surprised when they found out that Akira no longer wished to follow the path of medicine that his father had recommended and, in some way, carved into to his son...they soon learned that how much Akira had grown up in one year away from his family...the responsibility of working and studying...but also the newfound sense of freedom, that was also new for their parents.

And everything in one year.

"You okay, Akira?" Meowgana asked

"Just thinking...how we all grew up. We came a long way." He said thoughtfully, with a contemplative tone of voice.

"Yeah! And we still have a long way, so don't get all reminiscent on me now" The cat smiled with a cheerful voice.

Akira hummed in response "Right we should-" a beeping sound interrupted him, he grabbed his cellphone and stared at the message.

'hey man' The contact was labelled as 'Skull'

'have you got to your train yet' Akira frowned.

'I haven't reached the station yet, why?'

'I was thinking...'

'That's new' Morgana let out a small laugh as Akira only smiled.

'Hey, man! Don't diss me like that!
Anyway I was thinking if we could get something to eat before you go...just the two of us, there's a sushi restaurant near the station'

Joker adjusted his glasses and typed the response 'I thought you went back to studying, you were the first one to go.'