Ben Solo - Swimming Pools & Solo Cups

Fluff
Song - The Night We Met by Lord Huron

This was how most of the parties you went to ended up like; you sat alone in the corner of a room watching high as fuck couples making out, or your brother and his best mates girlfriends were looking for them. This was slightly different; while the party was happening inside, you sat outside all alone, with your feet in the pool and a solo cup filled with some shitty concoction.

The sliding doors did pretty well to cancel out the silence until... well Bens girlfriend came out all drunk a bubbly as you expected looking for her hot piece of muscle. Which he should be your hot piece of muscle. "Have you seen Ben, I've looked everywhere for him, I can't find him anywhere and your brother's making out with Beth so... completely useless." You become immune to their stupidity so you'd learnt that smiling and telling them some weak lie would do. "No, sorry I think I saw him in the kitchen earlier. Good luck."

Ever since elementary school you always had a thing for Ben Solo, and when your brother befriended him it was a dream come true. Over the years he became a family friend and you didn't want to ruin that, but being a slightly naive 17-year-old melting over an older guy you wouldn't think it a problem. Except for the biggest problem of all. He wasn't yours.

You didn't know how long you'd been sat there intermittently drinking from your cup, splashing your feet innocently in the water. "What you doing squirt?" Shit no, ok stay cool.

"How many times have I told you, stop calling me that Ben." He made his way down to the pool and placed himself shoulder to shoulder with you. "You love it really." That was true, you did love it. It was your own little thing you shared. You bowed your head looking down at the blue water and the reflections of light, "Elisa was looking for you, I told her you were in the kitchen." You went to grab your cup only to realise it wasn't there and in the hands of the man you wanted to be yours. "Good, thank you she's becoming a pain in the ass, and well... she's sleeping with josh so it's only a matter of time before she catches an STD." You chuckled slightly at Ben's words as a comfortable silence fell upon you. Maybe you would have laughed more if you weren't thinking you should tell him how you feel.

You didn't know where this new feeling came from but a wave of confidence and the realisation you could take care of him more than his lame-ass girlfriend. "Ben I nee-" "Let's swim." He cut you off and started pulling you up off the floor. "Wha- what are you doing." You watched him take off his shirt and the muscles that adorned his chest made your head swim. "I don't have a swim sui-" "it doesn't matter neither do I just take your dress off." By now Ben was in his boxers and already cannon-balling into the pool. You pulled your dress over your head and the night air pricked more of your skin as you stood in your baby blue matching underwear.

You sat down on the side of the pool as you dipped your feet and then your shins. "Ben it's freezing, seriously." He turned around with his hair wet and in his face, walking his way through the water given he was so tall you found him standing in front of you about the place his hands on your sides. He did just that, his large alabaster paws bringing instant warmth to you as he lifted you and slowly placed you in the water. "See its not so bad." To you that felt like a double meaning, you had to tell him and maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Ben?" He was swimming around in the pool and going under the water every two seconds. "BEN!" That got his attention. "Geez what is it squirt, you ok?" No, I'm madly in love with you and have been for years. "Yea." "No somethings wrong I can tell." He moved closer and pushed strands of loose hair behind your ear. "I- I just need to tell you something and I do- don't know how you'll react. Basically I just, for a while now I've had some feelings abo- about... us and don't let th-"

"Shut up." Those hurtful words pulled you from your quick speech. "I- I beg your pardon." You lifted your head to look into his eyes, they looked happy like they were looking at something they loved. "I know what you want so shut up, and kiss me." You didn't expect him to say that, but with his hand placed on your cheek and getting closer by the second you didn't pass up and the chance.

You became inherently close and soon you could feel his breath on yours. His pleasant inviting eyes peering down into your pure innocent ones. Before you knew it his plush smooth lips captured yours and within seconds he had gain dominance over your mind, body and soul.

Little did you know Ben had always felt the same way about you, the sleepless nights were filled with you running through his mind while the stupid hookups and short term girlfriends were to stop you from infecting his brain permanently.

He pulled away from the hungry kiss and held your face in his humongous hands. "Y/n?" He gave you a small kiss on your nose. "Yes, Ben." He kissed your neck and then your forehead.
"I love you y/n l/n, ok and you may not be ready for t-" "shut up and kiss me." You repeated his words which elicited a deep chuckle from him.

Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all.