She wasn’t sure if he heard her enter or if he could just sense her but he didn’t get a fright when she stepped in behind him and moved her hands from his back, around to this front and resting her palms on his chest. She pressed her cheek against his back and listened as he sighed, relaxing into her and under the hot water.

She found herself desperately wanting to know what he was thinking, what was bothering him but she knew better than anyone that sometimes you couldn’t make sense of your own mind let alone explain it to someone else. He felt her lips against the skin of his back and the way she pressed up against him, hugging her into him was enough to start clearing out his busy mind, slowing it all down.

He turned to face her, wanting to see her standing there naked and perfect.

“Everything is so fucked up now Finn” She sighed, melting into his hands that wrapped around her neck and hel her head as if she was absolutely precious to him. His thumb ran along her jaw and across her bottom lip as his eyes bore into hers.

“Everything isn’t fucked up” He replied, nodding his head as his eyes seemed fixated on her lips

“This isn’t” he said in such a quiet voice she barely heard him before he covered her mouth with his.

They weren’t complicated. When it came down to it, they were the easiest thing about their lives. There wasn’t a doubt between them. Finn loved Ailbhe, Ailbhe loved Finn. The rest was circumstance, detail, something that would come and go, something that would pass.

Her arms looped up around his shoulders, pushing herself up onto her toes so he didn’t have to bend down so much. His hands slid down her body, wrapping around her waist and pulling her up against him, even closer now. He pulled her up off her feet, her legs wrapping around him instinctively as he turned her around so her back was against the wall and the water was hitting Finn’s back now.

For a long time, they just kissed. From slow and sensual to more urgent and passionate, they kissed and Ailbhe felt like she never wanted to leave. She let her hands run from his shoulders, down his chest and his arms, around his face and through his hair.

She felt like she was getting to know his body, know every part of it as if it were hers and it was a kind of intimacy she had never heard of or experienced. It was almost primal.

It was the most at ease Finn had felt for as long as he could remember. She could calm every bone in his body and make him feel like he was safe, like they were the only two people in the world.

His lips pulled away from hers, only to start tracking down her neck, onto the soft skin of her chest and the sensitive skin of her breasts. Her breathy moans and gripping of his shoulders egged him on. His hand slid down between their bodies, knowing that she would be wet from how she moaned and pushed against him. His index finger slid into her easily, her breath against his ear as he kissed and sucked her neck.

She was just everything to him. He didn’t think about anything else, he couldn’t, not when she was wrapped around him and all he wanted in this world was to be inside her.

“Finn” she moaned into his ear, her fingernails gripping into the skin of his shoulders and leaving little crescent marks that Finn was accustomed to seeing in the mirror just as Ailbhe was used to seeing the little red and purple marks along her chest and even on the inside of her thighs sometimes.

His head fell onto her shoulder, stilling when he slid into her. They both sighed, feeling at home again. The water falling on his back and rushing down him, the feel of her beneath his hands and her pulse beating against his lips, it was all infatuating, utterly addictive.

By the time Finn was pushing into her one last time, Ailbhe practically panting and his fingers laced through hers against the wall as she told him she loved him and he said it back through gritted teeth, the water was almost running cold down his back. But he didn’t care. Placing her back on her feet, he turned off the running water that had gone cold over them. He kept a grip on her hand, wanting to keep holding onto her.

As they dried off, he felt a warmth inside. Knowing she was the reason for it he looked at her again. She was wrapping a towel around herself and pushing her hair up into a bunch on top of her head.

“What are you looking at?” she asked, a more believable smile on her face now. She was curious to know what he was thinking behind his concentrated gaze as he wrapped a towel around his waist and approached her again.

“Nothing” he smiled, kissing her lips just once more knowing that he really was looking at his everything.