𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝟺.𝟸

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Carrie. I'm gonna meditate." He called out to his daughter, and Ashton's heart sunk.

"He wears sunglasses indoors." Reggie scoffed, pointing out the black shades that remained on the bridge of his nose.

"I'm in the den!" A girl called, and Ashton recognised it. The girl sounded like herself at the age of seventeen, a few years before she ate the hotdog. That girl was her niece, and there was no way of telling her.

"I can't stand him." Reggie told the band as Bobby walked up the stairs.

"Time for his past to haunt him." Luke smirked as he and Reggie walked up after him.

"Wait!" Alex stopped them. "Let's not rush this. You know, it's my... It's my first time haunting someone. I wanna make it special." The three ghosts stared back at their drummer with his hands on his hips and rolled their eyes.

"OK, Alex." Luke sighed and pulled Ashton up the stairs by his hand. "Come on Ash. Let's go prank your brother." They found him in a zen room, which confused Ashton because Bobby was never the spiritual one, so why now?

"Ohm..." Bobby hummed as he meditated, Ashton couldn't help but chuckle as Luke sucks his finger before putting it in Bobby's ear, making her brother groan and gag. "Ew! Ugh!"

Luke walks back over to her, "Good, huh?" He pulled her close as they observed the scene, Reggie taking his turn next.

"Ohm..." Bobby continued before Reggie blew out the candles that were lit to create a positive aura around the lying man. Ashton leans back into Luke's arm, and knocks a wind chime on her way, startling her slightly. Alex turned the music player on, playing the band's hit song 'Now or Never', which distracted Bobby from the candles. Bobby got up from his cushion and turned the cd player off, but Alex flicked it back on swiftly.

The boys were clearly having enough fun as it is, laughing and torturing Bobby in turns, Ashton figured nobody would notice if she was missing from the group. She slipped from Luke's arms and slowly backed out of the room, and she made her way down the stairs as quietly as possible. On her way, she found Julie.

"What on earth are you doing?!" Ash gasped at the girl.

"I could ask you the same thing!" Julie scoffed. "Where are they?"

"With Bobby." She rolled her eyes, "He's meditating. Because apparently he does that now."

"Thanks." Julie nodded and moved on, "But, whatever you're doing, please be quick. I can't stay forever."

"Of course." The ghost nodded and jogged around the house until she finally reached the recording studio. She sighed as she sat in the producer's chair and began turning knobs and pushing sliders on the audio board. Ashton had no idea what they did, she just found them fun. When she was alive, she was always a fidgeter, so this was like heaven for the girl.

Her hands stopped, getting distracted by a book. A brown, leather notebook sat in a draw that had been left open, and her naivety once again, got the better of her. She reached inside and found all of Sunset Curve's songs written out. The originals: all the lyrics were in Luke's or Ash's handwriting and the chords were a mix of all the band members.

ɴᴏᴡ ᴏʀ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ
ʟᴀᴋᴇꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀᴅɪꜱᴇ
ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴛᴀʀʟɪɢʜᴛ
ʟᴀᴛᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ
ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ

All of the songs Sunset Curve had ever written were in there. It was almost an exact replica of Luke's song book. Ash wondered how long Bobby had kept this a secret, it was hard to tell from his handwriting, it was never good in the first place. Then she realised that Luke's song wasn't in there. The one for Emily. Luke wrote it when the band were all still together, so it wasn't as if Bobby didn't know about it. In fact, Ashton distinctly remembered him being there. SO why didn't Bobby want the song?