She said one last thing to Iris before walking towards me. As she was passing me, Iris called out, "See you at home, my dear sweet sister!"

She turned to her and glared and then looked at me with an unreadable expression. Turns out she has the darkest brown eyes I have ever seen. I would have loved to look at them longer if they weren't attached to the girl who was currently radiating annoyance like a heater. She looked away and sulked off without saying anything.

She really was cold and standoff-ish.

"I was going to try and come find you so that I could give you this," Iris was standing next to me and holding out my backpack.

I took it from her and thanked her. "No problem! See you later!" she left in the same direction as Lilah and I stood there trying to figure out what they could have been arguing about.

I could not imagine having an older sister like Lilah. It was a miracle that Iris was so nice since she was apparently related to her.

I was done with school for the day so I had no rush to get anywhere. Once I was through the doors leading out of the theatre I felt a hand wrap around my elbow and pull me to the side.

"There you are! Come join us for lunch!" said Jennie with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. She also had a grip that could break a glass bottle with a single squeeze.

"Ow, Jennie, could you stop pulling on me to get my attention? You almost gave me a heart attack," I joked while gently slapping her on the arm.

"You'll survive, and besides, by the feel of it, you have enough arm muscle to punch through a wall. Anyway, will you come and sit with us again? I know I haven't talked to you in like 2 days but I had places to be before lunch, and you've been gone by the time I get here."

I regretfully shook my head no, "I'm sorry, Jennie. I have to get home and let my dog out. He doesn't handle being left home alone for this long." Jennie's bubble of excitement deflated.

"Oh, well that's understandable. Maybe tomorrow?" she asked hopefully.

I nodded my head yes, "I'll try to be there." I slung my backpack over my shoulder to get ready to leave but Jennie grabbed my arm again to stop me.

"Oh I almost forgot, What are you doing tomorrow night?" I glanced down at her hand and she noticed the look I was giving her and sheepishly released her grip.

"Sorry, I live with three cousins so I am used to having to be assertive to get noticed. Anyway, the gang wants to go bowling and I was wondering if you would like to join us?"

I nodded my head yes, "Yeah! Lisa mentioned  it earlier, although I realize I have no way of getting in touch with either of you."

Jennie's eyes danced with amusement, "Lisa asked you? When? Where?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "We ran into each other when I was looking for the bathroom and she was trying to get a drink of water."

"Oh well, that's awesome then! I'm happy to know that she even had the guts to ask you. She tends to be a little shy but it's about time that idiot starts to break out of her shell. You have no idea how long it took for me to get her to open up. It was like 5 years of none stop pestering and probing until I finally wore her down. "

"That idiot is lucky that I love her so I didn't give up" she added.

At least that explained why Lisa looked so nervous when she was talking to me earlier. And it's obvious that Jennie loves her, she look at the former with so much adoration.

Well, they look good together, I must say.

"So yes to Friday?" Jennie asked while pulling out her phone and handing it to me, "put your number in there. I'll text you the details and keep you informed if the plans change. Also, this will make it so much easier to force you to hang out with us."

I followed her directions and smiled as I handed the phone back to her. Her fingers flew across the screen and I felt a vibration come from my pocket. "There, now you have mine too! Okay well, I'm like super hungry so I am going to see Lisa and Jisoo. See you later, Chaeyoung!" she waved and walked away with a bounce in her step.

I waved back. "Say hi to Lisa and Jisoo for me, okay?" Jennie made a thumbs up sign.

I was walking down the long entranceway of the school when I felt someone watching me again. I looked around and saw that Luna and her friend group were cloistered around one of their lockers. Luna had her back against a locker as her two friends talked about something she clearly wasn't paying attention to since she was looking right at me.

Luna's smile grew when her eyes met mine and I felt a weird but pleasant tingle rise from my toes. She was just so hot it was unsettling to be looked at by someone as good looking as her. She got that bad girl appeal if I may say.

She waved at me, and in combination with that heart-melting smile of hers, I was surprised my legs didn't turn to jelly. Lilah, who was standing there staring off into space with a look of indifference, noticed the movement and followed Luna's gaze to me. She glared at Luna and looked back at me with an expression I couldn't read.

Lilah stormed off without saying goodbye to her friends and disappeared around the corner. Luna just ignored her and kept smiling at me. I smiled back hoping that I didn't look as awkward as I felt. I turned away from her as I passed and could still feel her gaze burning into my back as I walked through the doors.

I don't know why she was looking at me the way she was but it was kind of flattering when I thought about it. Then again, Jennie said that she was a player so maybe this is what she does to every girl in school.

I was new and so she wanted to make sure that I was going to become another devoted follower who hoped to capture her heart.

I stopped that train of thought in its tracks because there was someone more important waiting for me.

She was out there right now doing whatever she does at this time of day, probably making people laugh at her stupid jokes.

She was probably a heart breaker too.

I sighed, a month was far too long of a wait.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
MOM, I'M FREAKING OUT! ROSÉ'S TEASER POSTER IS OUT NOW AND I'M TELLING YOU, HER SOLO IS GOING TO BE PHENOMENAL.

DON'T MIND ME I'M JUST SHEDDING TEARS OF PRIDE FOR MY GIRL!