the unexpected call

they had got downstairs and realised that no one was in the house apart from the two hardworking care workers in the office.

jody looked at the boy standing next to her nudges him and nods to the tv saying "well since no ones here, you wanna watch a movie?"

"yeah why not? lets get the popcorn"

a movie night was a usual thing for the two. they never often had the tv let alone the whole downstairs to themselves though

"okay" she answers with a grin on her face "race you there" the girl yells as she sprints off.

"ay wait no what?! thats unfair i didnt know!"

once tyler had got to the kitchen jody was already getting out the popcorn. "should of known then shouldnt you" she retorts, smirking.

the boy shakes his head and gets out the pairs favorite drink, cherry coke. they walk into the living room and grab the remote, putting their drinks and popcorn on the coffee table. "right what you wanna watch?" tyler asks looking at the girl beside her who was watching a cat video on her phone. "uh what about that shark documentry that we saw in the ads at the cinema last week?"

"that? oh yeah sure"

before they were even 10 seconds in mike comes out of the office with the phone. "okay yes denise i'm just getting her now" that name rang a bell for both kids sitting on the sofa. the two automatically look at each other and then at mike who was signalling to come to the office with his finger. "jody? its your mum she wants to talk to you about something" the girl hesitated looked at tyler and sighs "pause it, i'll be back in a sec".

she gets up walks out of the living room and into the office while tyler looks on thinking what on earth this could be about.

[in the office]

mike puts the phone to his shoulder, leans forwards and says "i told her you said you would get in touch when you were ready with the whole boyfriend/running away thing but she insisted that since its been six months its been perfectly more then enough time, she also wouldnt say what it was she called for so tell me if it gets too much"

jody rolls her eyes and mumbles under her breath. mike passes the phone to the girl who sat on the arm of the chair and proceeds to hesitantly put the phone to her ear.

"hi mum" she sighs. the troubled teen had always loved her mother no matter what she had put her through, she just found it hard to talk to her without having flashbacks.

"hey jodes so listen, your dads been in contact with me." she comes out with it excitedly, like a puppy dog.

at that moment she gasped. she never knew her dad. she didnt want to either. he left jodys mother with an unborn child and two kids, kingsley and luke, her brothers. she started shaking her head slowly to mike who was watching on.

[in the front room]

tyler was watching from the sofa he was perched on the edge of ready to jump up and run after her at any moment if he needed to, which the probability of was very high, it was jodys mother after all which means it was usually bad or shocking news for jody to process. just at that moment ryan walks in and sits on the other sofa.

"turn this off will you? your not even watching it" tyler ignores this remark and looks through the office window at jody who was shaking her head, her back towards the living room.

"oh god no" he mutters, trying to not let ryan hear. he does and turns round to see what the boy is looking at.

he frowns looks at tyler and goes on to say "whats the big deal" while getting a handful of popcorn. "none of your buisness" tyler says while looking him up and down. "its not like you would care anyway"

"true" he aimed back "i dont. but i should get to know everything that goes on around this place"

at this point tyler wasnt even listen to ryan. he had droned him out.

[in the office]

"no!" she shouts running out of the office and up the stairs.

tyler immediately jumps off the sofa and runs upstairs. he rushes down the hallway and knocks on jodys door "jody can i come in?"

no answer.

"jodes im coming in okay?"

tyler opens the door and walks into the room then sits on the bed.

he instantly takes her into his embrace and calms her down within seconds. she wasnt crying just a little shaken up.

"listen its fine okay you're gonna be fine" he whispers into her hair.

after a few seconds jody pulled away and looked at tyler. "no. it wont be okay. i might be but my mum wont"