𝙱𝚘𝚋𝚋𝚢 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗? 𝟺.𝟷

Start from the beginning

"Oh man! We're playing a high school dance?" Alex whined.

"Of course, dude." Luke said. "That's how we get a following nowadays."

"Yeah, get with the program, Alex." Julie giggled from her piano.

"What? The other guys are here?" Flynn said excitedly fixing her hair before she turned to the air between Julie and the wall. "Hey, guys!"

"Other way, sweetie." Julie muttered to her, and she switched sides to wave properly to them all. They all waved back enthusiastically in sync. "We're gonna rehearse."

"You wanna stick around?" Julie invited Flynn inside.

"I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the school dance, but this sounds way better." She smirked before joining them all in the studio and shutting the garage doors. They planned the three songs they were going to sing, and after many arguments about who should sing which song, they finally came to an agreement.

They want to start off with 'Bright', as it was their debut performance. Then Ashton asked if they could sing her original song next, which Luke surprisingly agreed to, as well as the others. Luke and Julie said that they would come up with another original song to close their act before Dirty Candy came on after them. And just like that: everything is planned out, and it was all going to be perfect.

"Hey, Julie." Carlos skipped into the studio before they could begin practising. "Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures? I think they're ghosts." Everybody else started to exchange looks; scared, confused, worried. How on earth did Carlos find out? Was he going to tell Ray? "But don't worry. This room is clean." He looks around the studio. "I'm not getting the ghost tingles."

"Wrong again, little dude." Reggie giggled from the chair, making both Luke and Alex hit him over the head.

"Honestly, just let him be." Ashton told the bass player before she focused on Carlos' theory again.

"Have no fear." He said bravely. "If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house."

"Isn't Dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie chuckled.

"There can be two. Dad needs all the help he can get, right?" Carlos said confidently. "According to the internet, salt burns their souls out. A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here." Julie and Flynn gasped in sync as Carlos took it upon himself to throw salt around the room, hitting each of the band members. Reggie and Luke both moved themselves out of the way, and Ash managed to escape by standing on the back of Luke's chair to protect herself, but Alex... Alex wasn't fast enough and gets hit, the salt attacked him square in the knees. He toppled over and groaned loudly.

"No! Oh! Oh God!" He paused, and stood up straight again before sighing in relief. "I'm...I'm fine. I'm fine. Totally fine." Julie gestured to Flynn to do something, and fast.

"Oh! Carlos, you know who's hungry? Me." Flynn improvised and pointed to the grass outside. "Um, salt me a path to the kitchen."

"Yes, chief." He nodded before stomping out like a soldier, Flynn following close behind. Ash immediately ran over to the boys once Carlos was out of vision and make sure they're okay, mainly Alex, considering he was the most dramatic.

"Shall we try this again?" Julie asked when the band confirmed they're alright.

"Yes, please. But remind us later. There's some Sunset Curve songs to show you guys." Luke said.

"Ooh! Show me now." Julie insisted, stepping up from behind her piano and following Luke over to his guitar case where he picked his book up. He noticed an unfamiliar page pushed into the top and pulled it out.