☾ 13. 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

Start from the beginning

Not realizing what was going to be before her. But the scent she longed to reunite with was guiding her through the mess. Till she stopped at where the scent was the heaviest, squatting down as she dared to place her fingertips against the ground.

Blood greeted her, and her blind eyes could only widen. Lips quivered as she tried to source the object that had the heavy scent, but her chest tightened as she grabbed hold of it. It was broken, the string bracelet he often wore was broken and left in the pool of blood.

She held onto it tightly, gripping it with force. Kokushibo watched her every move, he could hear her starting to break down. Hiccups greeted his hearing as he neared her, standing next to her as she clutched the memorial object against her chest.

Not caring if it was soiled with blood, not caring if her clothes were getting stained. The scent stopped at where she stood. It was an indication to her indeed, somehow she had to believe.

"Reunited...? But not with me," she whispered out, and Kokushibo frowned slightly at a pungent smell that greeted them. His eyes followed where the scent was being carried from, realizing what had happened.

An attempt to musk the scents of the demon slayers, in order to ensure their headquarters would not be found. It was offputting for him, but not for the mortal next to him. The heavy scent of wisteria was what greeted him, nor would he dare to follow.

His attention returned to her when her trembling hand found its way to his arm. Maybe it was because of the state she was in, she couldn't comprehend the movements of the demon slayers. Thus, believing whatever ended right where she stood was the truth.

She felt herself being carried, being brought away further from the scent. Her hand still clutching onto the broken string bracelet as tears flowed down her face. Yet those words she whispered earlier on, did not fall upon deaf ears.

Goto panicked as he gave chase along with Obanai, despite the Serpent Hashira being faster than him, chasing after the Shadow Hashira. Maybe it was because he misses her so, her voice was heard far clearer than anything else.

Despite the weakened state he was in, he was determined in sourcing for the sound he vowed to return to. But soon he was tackled to the ground by Obanai, with Kaburamaru daring to wrap himself around Haizaki's neck.

No words were spoken between the duo, but the glare that Obanai had in his heterochromia eyes had sent a message clear enough. The Shadow Hashira had to calm down before he gets gravely injured.

One knew the other was alive, but the other believed the other was dead.

◤◢◤◢◤◢

A bustling town was what greeted him, where he received information that someone had the knowledge of where the blue spider lily was at. He walked through, hand resting upon the handle of his nichirin blade, mortals scattering out of his way as they were screaming for their lives.

He wasn't fond of the noises that were being sprouted through the air, wind carrying them to his ears. But he had a goal to reach as he arrived at an old run-down estate, where he noticed an old lady was seated upon the patio, a gentle smile on her face.

He stood before her, for she was the old lady he had received information about. He didn't utter a word, but the old lady knew. For she had eaten salt for longer than anybody in the town, to know when it was a demon before her.

Maybe she was special, maybe she wasn't. But Kokushibo paid no attention to it as he continued to remain silent before her. Till she chuckle, coughing as her illness was taking a toll on her. He watched as she rummaged through her wrinkled kimono, eventually bringing out a package.