☾ 06. 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨

They forgot,that nightmares haunt too

They forgot,
that nightmares haunt too.

"Akane-san? You don't look too well," Kanroji spoke out and Haizaki continued to stare into the air as he was poking his food. There was hardly any time where they would watch the Shadow Hashira acting in such a dazed manner. Haizaki blinked his dark blue ocean eyes a few times and looked up to the Love Hashira, having a weak smile plastered on his face.

"I'm alright, Mitsuri. Don't worry about me," he whispered out and Obanai who was seated with them at the table noticed how drained Haizaki had looked. The bandage on his arm was still visible as he had to opt for the short-sleeves uniform for now.

"I'm fine, Obanai. Don't think too much about it," Haizaki muttered out as he looked at Kaburamaru who had slithered from Obanai's neck, down to the table and was nuzzling his head against Haizaki's hand.

"I'm fine... You guys worry too much... I'm fine..." he whispered out as he stood up, his dark blue ocean eyes slowly closed as he fell backwards and the Serpent Hashira along with the Love Hashira panicked.

"Akane-san/Haizaki?!"

He watched as his dark blue ocean eyes widened. His lips parted as his blood ran cold. His heart pounding hard against his chest as he looked at what was before him. How the one standing above a pile of demon slayers, was someone whom he had been searching for.

"[name]...?" he whispered out as he watched as the girl turned to look at him. The way her eyes no longer held that dark blue ocean colours, but a gradient instead. How her hands were dripping with blood, and how her mouth had fangs in them.

The way she stared at him hungrily, and he felt a stab in his heart.

"Nii-san?" she whispered out but soon she disappeared from his view. He panicked as he held onto his nichirin blade tightly, looking around as the scene started to change. His hands trembled all too well as he realized he was back in his old home.

"Zaki! Run! Run before you get attacked!" and Haizkai's dark blue ocean eyes widened when the sound of flesh being torn apart and the sound of blood being splattered echoed in his ears as he entered the old home, gripping his nichirin blade tightly.

Noticing a demon was cornering his mother, did he start to panic. His dark blue ocean eyes widened when the demon turned to look at him and he watched in horror the way the blood trickled down from its mouth.

"[name]... Stop... That's our mother..." Haizaki whispered out as he held his nichirin blade out and pointed it towards his younger sister. Tears rolling down his face as he couldn't bear to attack her.

But she had killed their parents.

"Nii-san?" the demon called out but Haizaki knew, that wasn't his younger sister. Despite having close to the same features as the one he loves, he knew the demon wasn't his sister. But one could only hope somehow, one could feel the pain within his heart as he avoided her attack.