☾ 09. 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙨

Start from the beginning

"Charming of you, despite killing off your own kind," she whispered out.

"I'm... Not part of them... They do-,"

"Hai, hai... I get it. I won't group you together with them ever again, please don't go into a nagging mode on me," she pointed out and he remained silent as they started to approach the small village.

Finding the spot she was often stationed at, he started to layout the bundle of flowers. Watching as she shifted them by herself, he took a step back and walked towards the alleyway that was behind where her station was at.

He settled upon a large crate, holding his blade in his hands as he looked at her. Noticing how she was getting closer to him and watched as her lips curled up into a smile as she reached out, trying to find his head.

Placing a jingasa upon his head that had some veils upon them, allowing his features to recovered mostly. He was about to ask her, where did she get such an item. But she quickly turned to return to her spot.

Feeling the heat and as if on cue did the voices of the village people started to rise. Noises were heard as folks were getting out their carts for the day. The bustling sound of a lively village greeted Kokushibo as he looked up, frowning slightly at the bright light that wouldn't cast into the alleyway.

Even if it did, he would be able to head back to safety quickly.

A chill ran down her spine as she was gripping onto the bouquet of flowers that her older brother adored. Something felt off, she knew when she felt the shiver down her spine. How she started to feel empty as the last of his voice she remembered was starting to fade away.

"Did... Something happened...?" she whispered out as her lips trembled slightly, gripping the bouquet tighter. Kokushibo noticed her movements and he looked, watching as she placed the bouquet down and wiped her face as there were those who greeted her.

"Good morning, [name]-chan! How are you today? Oh... Is that..." and [name] placed a finger against her lips as she realized it was the store owner of the dessert shop she had often gone to. The store owner watched as Kokushibo slowly nodded his head, his features continued to remain covered.

But a squeal was heard as the owner took off running, causing him to be confused instead. He listened as the blind mortal he had been protecting started to speak to customers of the day, how she had to reach out and feel the flowers before handing it to the customers.

Some paid more, some took the opportunity that she was blind, to pay lesser. Believing she wouldn't know, but she knew all too well. The way the coins felt upon her skin, and the weight. She had learned all these when she was blind, just to help herself.

Sometimes when she knows that there wouldn't be any customers, she would get up and stretch, walking into the alleyway as she spoke to Kokushibo. She would ask him if he was alright if he was burning up but all he said was that he was alright.

The sun has yet to hit him, nor would he allowed himself to disappear just like that. He watched the worried expression etched onto her face as she brought a large umbrella with her, how she opened it and felt the side of the crate, placing it next to him.

"There... It should be safer?" she whispered out as she traced the top of the umbrella as she stood on the crate, much to Kokushibo's help in getting her to stand on the crate after picking her up with ease.

Ensuring that the sun wouldn't hit him, she hopped off the crate and staggered a little before eventually losing her balance. He reached out quickly, pulling her up before she fell to her knees. He heard her laugh slightly, before someone calling out to her, where she took off running towards her small store up ahead.