what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

"hey! guys wait up!" will yelled, a few feet behind the rest of the gang. "come on will, the arcade is going to close in an hour and if i can't beat max at dig dug i'm gonna lose my shit!" a very irritated dustin explained to the poor boy. "would you all just shut up so we can get there faster?" max said, obviously pissed at the two boys squabbling. "okay, jeez! who crapped in your captain crunch?"

the party all busted through the door, all splitting up to go play games. lucas, dustin, will and max all went to dig dug, while mike and el went to the really unpopular games to make out.
"do those two really have to suck face every time we're here?!" max said in annoyance, as the past somewhat 20 times they've been there, mike and el were off kissing somewhere. "that doesn't matter right now max, what matters is- holy shit" dustin interrupted himself, as he saw someone he didn't recognise walk through those old glass doors. the others turned to see what he was gawking at, and had a similar reaction. a girl, with burgundy hair a bit past her shoulders, sage green eyes, a small nose, eyeliner so sharp it could cut glass, ear piercings, 6 in total, a "runaways" black band shirt on, a black skater skirt, fishnets, and some black converse. she looked so different to everyone else in the arcade, including the party. they weren't the only ones to stare, too. she caught a lot of people's attention as soon as the jingle of her jewellery could be heard. "wow.. she's awesome" a very blushy dustin stated. "she looks unreal!" lucas added, clearly star struck too. "she listens to the runaways!" will said, as he did too. but max, she just looked. she couldn't even form a sentence. the mystery girl walked up to pac-man, and started playing. the three of them continued on with digdug, while max was still distracted by this girl's beauty. "max? helloooo?" mike said while waving his hand in front of her face. "huh? mike? when did you get here?" the girl said, confused. "i've been here for about a minute, el wanted to see you but you apparently died". max pushed his hand out her face "haha, so funny, wheeler".

as the clock struck 6, the party were all leaving to go their separate ways and to go home. "okay, so it's monday tomorrow so we all meet at school, okay?" mike asked. they all replied with yes, as they usually did. as max rode home, she noticed the house next door had boxes outside it. she slowed down a little bit to get a better view, and saw her, the mystery girl. she had a walkman, and was listening to music while what appeared to be her brother was laughing with probably her mom. it looked nice, but she wondered if she had a dad.
as the redhead was propping her bike up on the stand, she looked back one last time, to see mystery girl, in the window opposite her bedroom window. they were bedroom window buddies.

a few hours later, max was getting ready for bed, when she heard something outside, it was coming from mystery girls house. she turned on her lamp, and quickly made her way to her window to see. mystery girl was sat up on her windowsill, and lighting a cigarette. max watched the girl put the cancer stick in between her perfect cushion lips, and watched her drag.

"are you just going to keep staring at me, red?"

"smoking is bad for you, ya know"

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

lia speaks : hehe hello bitches <3