"Or do it subtly." Her mother suggested. "Strike them when they least expect it. You're a very intelligent girl, Soomin, believe in yourself. As long as you decide to use that incredible brain of yours, everything will go just fine."

"Really? You really think so?" Soomin wiped a tear, looking up with hopeful eyes.

What greeted her was the soft, familiar smile that her mother gave her each time.

"Yes. Yes I do."
"You go girl! I'm sure you, Donghyuck and everyone else will be just fine. Don't lose hope."
Yuna encouraged her, childish green never falling off her face.

"Wait, Aera, I-"

But before Soomin could call after her, her eyes suddenly opened at the sound of a door shooting.

She jumped up, desperately looking around the room. But it was dark, empty and uncomfortably warm. Just as it had been before.

'It was just a dream...'
Soomin took a deep breath, closing her eyes in an attempt to call herself.

She was brought out of the peaceful moment as she heard the familiar ring of her father's cellphone outside, and it then cutting out to make space for his voice.

"Hello?"

Curiously, the girl decided to step off the bed, tip-toeing towards the shut door. She placed her ear right against it, almost directly being able to listen to her father's voice.

"Why did you call so late? ... Again? I already told them, we'll proceed with the trials when I say so. ... I don't care what the judge says, I'll just offer him some money and he'll shut up. ... I don't care that there's more likelihood that those immature boys will win the case the later it begins, I'll make absolute sure that they won't even get a chance to think about freedom. Anything can be solved with money." 

Soomin was absolutely speechless.

She didn't want to believe it. The thought about it was absolutely absurd. The idea of her father using his money to do something illegal has never even crossed her mind. But here he was, shamelessly talking about it right in front of her room.

That's when Soomin exploded.

As Mr.Park wrapped up his call, he flinched as the door beside him was thrown open.

"Oh, Soomin! You're awake?" He asked, stern expression immediately softening.

"You've been delaying the trials?" Soomin breathed out, palms clenched in tight fists again.

"You were listening?"
"Do you expect me not to be? You were almost yelling."

Her father sighed. "Yes, I have been. You're not ready to testify as the victim, your therapist said so. I don't want to put you through that stress."

"Liar." Soomin growled out, catching him completely by surprised.

"What?"
"I know exactly why you're doing this." She spat out. "You want me to get married before the trial, don't you? And you haven't set a specific date for it to try because the wedding preparations haven't started yet."

Mr.Park pulsed his lips together, eyes turning slightly colder than usual. "It's for your own good."

"Since when do you know what's good for me? You never care to listen to me- you literally treat me like I'm a child! Dad, I'm an adult! I know what's good for me!"

"Don't raise your voice at me. I'm your father, of course I know what's good for you."

"If you knew, then you wouldn't be so keen on marrying me off. You just want me tied down, you want your ego to be even more boosted because now you'll have another important family under your belt. It's all about your business, isn't it? You don't actually care about me at all." Soomin couldn't even stop herself, and the words just spilled.

Her father was in absolute shock, but she saw his anger building up.

"Fine, if that's what you want. I'll tell them to schedule the trials as soon as possible." He eyed her carefully, whilst speaking in a low voice.

And with that, the man turned around and walked away.

haven't double checked this chapter (like almost every other lol) so sorry about any mistakes