Someone coughed a bit too loudly to seek his attention.

"Emperor Kaito, are you enjoying yourself?"

"Well, Queen Camilla I certainly am, why would you ask that?" he said evidently lying.

"No, Emperor you seemed a bit too lost in thoughts." Kai wanted to shout at her if a man could not maintain a calm face through an idiotic and might he add unnecessary delay of dinner, but he would not to that because he was THE Emperor.

"Don't disturb the Emperor, Camilla." President Vargas said with a hint of mischief in his tone.

"And why would that be Vargas?" talking as if they were friends since college, they seemed to forget that a few hours earlier Camilla wanted to chop down his head.

"He was distracted with me as well. His mind is somewhere else."

"And where would that be?" asked Africa's Prime Minister Kamin.

"Don't you get it Kamin, the Commonwealth." The Governor-General Williams from Australia replied.

"Obviously, Empress Selene has stayed behind." President Vargas said in a way of confirmation.

At this remark of the President, both Princess Sophie and Queen Camilla looked crestfallen. After the Lunar Revolution, Torin had told him about how Camilla wanted her daughter to be married to Kai, in order to form an alliance but his father never acceded and Kai had already fallen for the Queen of Luna later. He was watching the conversation going around him, royally failing to keep a straight face. Kai had become uncomfortable and it was evident that he was trying his hardest to not blush. With the ongoing talks around him and in an effort to change the topic he said, "May I know why the diplomatic dinner is used to discuss my marital life?"

"Oh! Emperor we don't do diplomatic talks at the dinner table here in Europe but I guess it's a common practice in the Commonwealth." The Queen replied.

Why couldn't she understand that he did not want to talk about his life at this dinner. Could he ask her about her plans to marry her daughter at the dinner hosted by him? NO RIGHT! The old queen could not evidently think this through.

"It appears that the Emperor is feeling uncomfortable, we should really not talk about his feelings for the Empress in such a teasing manner", Princess Sophie came to his rescue.

"Yes, it is not diplomatic of us to make fun of the Emperor. Besides, tell me Kaito, how far along is your wife?"

If Kai would have not been used to the gossip attempts made by the Queen he would have taught her a lesson. Did she not hear what her daughter just said? Maybe he should gift her some hearing-aids for Christmas.

"She is seven months along, could not ride a plane so far in pregnancy. Hence, she could not come otherwise she would have definitely loved to attend the meets on cyborg rights"

"Cyborg that she is." European Prime Minister Bromstad said. He always had some sort of prejudice with Cinder and her cyborg-ness. It got on Kai's nerves every damn time.

"Yeah, she would be better able to give suggestions regarding the changes after being a first hand victim of cyborg prejudices you see."

The Prime Minister nodded. Kai must have been a little too outspoken and protective of Cinder against cyborg prejudice recently.

"Besides that, how are you and Empress Selene taking the news of the baby? "The Queen asked.

She was really getting on his nerves now. Was it so hard to understand that she was testing his patience and already crossed all boundaries of professionalism?

"We are very much excited to receive the child. I personally was delighted with the news." He replied, a new sort of emotion feeling his heart and warming his soul at the mention of his child.

"Parenthood is a demanding role, Emperor"

"I know that and I am ready to accept it wholeheartedly, Queen Camilla". He said, putting much authority in his voice. If not for his royalty status he would have told her 'Shut up, I already know that.'

"And what did the Empress think about carrying the royal heir?" she snubbed her way into his train of thoughts again.

"As I already said, she was very delighted and protective of the baby." Why were all the world leaders suddenly so interested in their baby, as far as he could remember Queen Camilla had not even congratulated them upon the news.

"Have you revealed the gender of the baby?" Princess Sophie asked curiously.

"It's our decision to keep it confidential till the birth of the baby."

"And? " asked Prime Minister Bromstad.

"And what?"

That's when it hit him like a train. These people are world leaders and they know the world happenings. Obviously, they know about the rumors regarding Cinder and Thorne and that's the very reason everyone especially Queen Camilla is so interested in the discussion of his baby. He felt like an idiot to not have realized this beforehand. It seems they wanted to add salt to the injury. Were they really so foolish to fall prey for such rumors? Like hell they have seen him and Cinder doing the lovey-dovey stuff from up close, he was much convinced that they were blind.

Before any of them could ask him anything, he decided to leave the dinner.

"Excuse me, but I have some important business to attend to."

"It appears that the Emperor would enjoy the company of someone else other than us." Well a good time without them, he certainly would.

"Very well emperor Kaito, it was an honor to receive you as our guest." If looks could kill, everyone at the dinner would already be dead.

Nodding his head, he headed towards his room. He needed to talk with Torin at the earliest.

__

A/N: Needless to say, There is more! 

I do take  prompts. If you have any you can share them with me- I am a bit down on imagination recently.

Be sure to vote if you like it! :)

Until next time, 

Tyla