Chapter 1

Asterin has never liked her family. All of her family have been in slytherin, so naturally, she was destined to as well. But the sorting hat saw something different in Asterin, and she was placed in the house of Gryffindor, making her an outcast on her family. Now going into 4th year, Asterin was still criticised by her family, called a 'blood-traitor' for having muggleborn friends. Today was the 1st of September, meaning today she would be going back home. To her actual family.

As she walked through the platform barrier, she looked around and took in the the surroundings. It was always the same every year. Parents saying goodbye to their children, telling them that they will miss them. How Asterin longed for her parents to be the same. Across the platform, Asterin saw a head of flaming red hair, belonging to one of her best friends, Lily Evans.

"Lily!" She called to her. The red head turned towards her and gave her a huge smile. She ran towards her, engulfing her in a huge hug.

"Oh, lils. You don't know how much I've missed you." Asterin mumbled into her shoulder.

"I'm sure I missed you more-" Lily was cut off by a voice shouting.

"Oi! Evans! What do you say, me and you, first hogsmeade trip?"

"In your dreams, Potter."

"You do know, he's never going to stop." Asterin grinned at her.

"But he's an immature-"

"-arrogant toe-rag." The other red head shook her head at her friend.

Lily rolled her eyes as she linked her arm to Asterin's. They found an empty compartment on the train, and sat down waiting for their other friends to find them. First was Marlene.

"Marlene is here, bitches!" She whooped.
Asterin hugged her before she sat down. Alice and Mary then came together.

"Alice! Mary!" Lily said, bringing them into a hug.

As the 5 girls chatted about the upcoming year, Asterin looked out of the window. The green and blue blur, from the trees and water was a beautiful sight.

"Asterin. ASTERIN!" Marlene waved a hand in front of her face.

"Oh, sorry. I zoned out." She said.

"Do you want anything from the trolley?" She nodded towards the compartment door, where the trolley lady was.

"Um, I'll just have a chocolate frog, thanks." She smiled at the lady as she passed the woman her money.

The charmed frog jumped out of its wrapper, and out the window.

"Catch it, then!" Marlene exclaimed.

"Leave it, I wanted it to go,"

"That's a waste of food." Marlene furrowed her eyebrows.

"But I don't like the idea of an edible item in the shape of a frog." Asterin smiled.

"Guys, I think we should get on our robes, we should be here soon." Lily said in a voice of authority.

"Okay then, mum." Mary rolled her eyes, while Alice giggled.

When the girls got their robes on, Alice told them she was going to find Frank.

"See you at the sorting." They all told her.

"I might go find Sev, we haven't spoken yet." Lily said, as she got out her seat.

"Honestly, lils. He's dangerous. He does dark magic!" Mary said.

"He doesn't do it, it's his friends!" Lily defended him.
Lily went off to find him, and Mary, Marlene and Asterin were the only ones left.
The girls all caught up on last years drama, wondering what it would be like this year.
About 10 minutes later, the train came to a stop outside Hogsmeade station.
The trio walked to the carriages, waiting for Lily and Alice. Alice turned up, but Lily didn't. There was only one carriage left by the time they realised lily already went ahead. But there were already people in it.

Asterin sighed as she said,"Looks like we have no choice, because there is no way I'm walking."

The four girls climbed in the carriage, where another four were sat. The marauders.

"Hi guys. Mind if we join, James' wonderful lily-flower has gone ahead with Snape, and left us." Marlene rolled her eyes.

"Sure." Remus Lupin smiled at them.

"Thanks"

The beginning was quite silent, but Sirius started a conversation.

"So, Zyana. How were your parents during summer?"

"Oh, you know. Probably the same way as yours. Prejudiced as usual."

"You guys know eachother?" James asked.

"Well with families like ours, it's kind of hard not to know each other James." Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Oh, okay."

When they eventually got to the castle, Asterin sighed. The beauty of it always got the best of her. They all trailed through to the great hall, where the four went to Lily.

"Why did you leave us?" Marlene demanded.

"Yeah, we had to share a carriage with Potter and Black." Mary said.

"Sorry, guys. I got caught up with Sev." Lily smiled apologetically.

"Ooh the sorting has started." Alice pointed.

Asterin clapped for everybody, as she always did. After all the first years were sat at their tables, Dumbledore stood up, ready to make a speech.

"Welcome back to another wonderful year at Hogwarts. To all the first years, let it be noted that the Forbidden Forest is out of bounds for all students. Any body caught out after curfew will be punished. That's all I have to say. You may tuck in!" He clapped his hands and lots of different food appeared magically at the table. Asterin grabbed salad, as she was a vegetarian, and ate it.

"How can you eat that stuff? It's rabbit food!" Marlene said.

"Not everyone adores every food like you Marlene." Asterin told her.

"I find it kind she doesn't eat animals. It makes her kind-hearted." Alice said in her dreamy voice.

"Thank you, Alice. At least someone understands my views!" She smiled gratefully at the brunette.

Asterin ate the rest of her food, only leaving a little lettuce and tomatoes. As she set her cutlery down, the food vanished and was replaced by dessert. Asterin had strawberry ice cream like she did every year. By the time everyone had finished eating, nearly everybody was yawning, ready to go to bed.

"Prefects, please lead the first years to their dorms. I would like to bid you all a good-night, ready for your lessons tomorrow." He smiled at everyone, as they filed out of the hall.

The five girls all climbed to the fourth year dorms, where their trunks were already waiting for them, they all changed into their pyjamas and climbed into their beds, awaiting the next day, wondering what would happen.

Ella's little message: I finally did the first chapter! Took me long enough, I had it all planned then I forgot, but it's here! Just remember you are loved, especially by me!

Here's a virtual hug :)

-Ella x