Chapter 1

It started with the article, not just an article, but the article; there is a definite difference. Any other article in a magazine might be giggled at, seriously pondered or even cried over, but the article Changed her life drastically. And it was all Lavender and Parvati's fault.

What an unmerciful force allowed them to get a hold of a strawberry shake magazine?

It would have been fine if Strawberry Shake was a wizards magazine, but was it? No, of course not, it had to be a muggle magazine. This wouldn't have been a problem if they had been muggle-born, or half-muggle, or even if anyone in their dorm aside from her had some muggle blood in them, but she was the only one who knew what telephones, lockers, or remote controls were.

Curse it all.

It was because these facts that Hermione, whether she liked it or not, was given the official title of Head Interpreter of muggle speech, and she was chosen to tell Lavender and Parvati what muggles were talking about they said, 'The perfect date for you and your guy is at a movie theater watching a chick-flick'

This was why on one gloony Sunday evening, when Lavender and Parvati came running through the portrait hole, squealing and holding the latest Strawberry Shake magazine, Hermione groaned. Ron was courteous enough to stifle his snicker, but only after Harry kicked him in the  shins. Harry gave her a sympathetic smile, and leaned over to whisper, "They can smell fear you know, there's no use running."

A small smile graced her lips, but immediately disappeared when a loud shriek of "HERMY!" was heard over the chatter of the Gryffindors. She cringed, at this time Ron didn't bother to hide his laughter. Harry found her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

She almost laughed at the absurdity of this. You would think she was going to face Voldemort. How could she even think to compare the two?

This was much worse.

"Hermy!" Lavender said again, this time much to close to her, "Look! We got the new Strawberry Shake!"

"Yippee..." Her voice sounded so dull that even Lavender or Parvati had no choice to get the hint.

"What's wrong Hermy?" Parvati asked, "Have a lot of homework?"

Apparently they did

Hermione refrained from rolling her eyes, "Yes, tons."

"Oh," Lavender's voice was tinged with disappointment, "Then I guess you can only read one article for us."

"Darn."

Parvati frowned, "Don't worry Hermy it's a short article You can read for us later."

Hermione sighed, "Okay then. Which article do you want me to read?"

"The head liner I suppose," Lavender looked at Parvati for support, she nodded. "That's the onr we're really interested in anyway."She handed Hermione the magazine.

Hermione sighed again, and took the revoltingly pink bundle of papers. Bright red bold letters read, "The Strawberry Shake" and underneath, in smaller letters were articles in that issue.

"Which article?"

"This one." Parvati pointed to the largest print page aside from the title of the magazine.

"25 Things a Perfect Guy Would Do" She read aloud.

A snort came from Ron, and ad she glanced over and glared at him; she noticed the small on Harry's face. She was about to glare at him too, but he winked at her, and she couldn't help but smile back.

"It's page 34" typical, they had the page memorized.

"Okay." She flipped to the page and began to read. "25 Things a Perfect Guy Would Do." Lavender actually let out a tiny squeal. Pathetic. "Number 1:   Know how to make you smile when you feel down."