Chapter 27: Peeps + Prom(?)

Start from the beginning

"I also think purple should be on the table, that way you can do a lilac and he can wear a darker shade so you don't totally match," Chris argued. 

Karl slid down in his chair, looking at the inspiration boards they had made. He was definitely more inclined to the purple color palette, though it was entirely biased since it was his favorite color. He let out a loud exaggerated sigh.

"What if he doesn't even want to go to Prom and I'm just getting ahead of myself?" Karl looked at his friends.

Katie smiled. "How about we paint your nails? Get your mind off of it?"

Karl nodded and sat on the floor while Katie ran to the bathroom to grab what she needed to paint the boys nails. Chris grabbed a playstation controller and joined Karl on the ground, loading a random minecraft world to goof off on.

"He's gonna ask you man, no way in hell he doesn't," Chris smiled warmly.

Karl smiles back and watched the monitor as Chris flew to some open land to start building. Katie closed the door softly behind her and sat on the floor in front of Karl, she set a bowl of warm water down.

"Soak," she commanded as she pointed at Karls left hand.

The three teenagers chatted and laughed while Karl got his nails painted (they went with purple since if Nick did ask Karl he'd convince his boyfriend to go with the royal-feeling color.) Karl laid on his back, munching on some slightly stale peeps from easter as he admired the way the light reflected off of the top coat on his nails. He allowed his hand to fall on his face, only bothering to lift it when his phone vibrated on the carpet repeatedly.

"Hello?"

"Hola! Karlos! Are you busy tomorrow?" Quackitys voice was muffled slightly by the humming of a car.

"Uhm, Jimmy wanted to have me over for breakfast with the others why? What's up?"

"Cool cool cool tomorrow night I'm kidnapping you, and because it's a kidnapping you can't say no." Alex laughed maniacally into the bluetooth speaker in his car.

Karl stared at the dim lit screen in confusion as his friend hung up. Chris and Katie also stared with the same perplexed look. The three of them enjoyed the rest of their night, Katie and Karl talking about their boyfriends while Chris got angry at some random in Call of Duty.

---

Nick was panicking, and bad. He almost considered inviting George over early for a quick smoke to calm his nerves but decided against it, he needed to be totally sober for this. He checked his phone. Two o'clock in the evening. It was still another five hours till he had to leave, let alone face Karl, but he was already an unravelling mess. He reconsidered the blunt.

Instead he settled for some good ole fashioned reading. That was sure to get his mind off of it all. He walked up to the bookshelf in the living room, grabbing a random book. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It seemed interesting. He sighed and laid down on the couch.

After a mere 20 pages of reading about detailed cervical cancer and incestual relationships Nick decided maybe this book wasn't a perfect match for him, but it most definitely took his mind off of his proposal tonight.