one

Ken's P.O.V

Summer was fun, for the most part. Until I was forced by my parents to move across the freaking world. It's not even for business that they decided that they wanted to move. They needed a 'change of scenery'. Change of scenery my ass if you ask me. They just wanted to get away from all the judgment that they got because of my brother. If you're wondering, my brother did something so incredibly stupid that resulted in making our whole family move countries. Like take him and move, why did they have to drag me along with them? It's not like I'd miss them or anything.

Long story short, I now live in Australia. Everyone thinks that it must have been the best place because of all the guys with accents and the perfect beaches and the hot sun, but how much do you want to bet that this place will be a shit hole? Because I can almost guarantee it. With my shitty family and my ability to fuck shit up, that will no doubt happen in my life. I can promise you that

-

"Ken, come downstairs for a second!" My mom called. My full name was Kendall, but I hated it, so people just called me Ken. Yes, I was aware that it sounded boyish- but I liked it and that's all that mattered honestly. I had already helped her unpack all the boxes while my brother was too busy hitting on the next door neighbour. Typical. What more did she want from me? I groaned and walked down the staircase of my now new house and to find her placing plates into order.

"What mom?" I asked. She glared at me for being so rude.

"It's summer, don't you think you should at least try to get a job?" She asked. I thought about it for a moment. I had like a couple hundred that I had to transfer from Canadian money to Australian; so it's not like I had a shortage on that. It was most likely because she wanted me out of the house. I found it quite insulting, so I decided to deny her offer.

"I have enough saved for now." I stated, pulling out my phone. It was two o'clock in the afternoon here- and in Canada: I would be sleeping. Oddly enough- I wasn't as jet lagged as I expected I would be.

"Why don't you go look around? Don't you teenagers want money to buy drugs and stuff?" She asked. I got taken aback by her sudden question, mostly because she knew I never drank or taken drugs of any sort- I don't want what happened to my brother to happen to me thank you very much. I was angry that she thought of me that way- and besides the fact that she wanted me out of the house for no apparent reason. So being the bratty teenager I was- I called her out on it.

"If you wanted to god damn kick me out of the house for the day you could've just asked. If I'm not home by dinner- I'm most likely buying drugs because that's the kind of teenager I am." I sneered, walking out of my 'house' and slamming the front door behind me. I was only here for less than a day, and I hated it already.

I decided to take a walk to cool down a bit- I couldn't go back inside the house mad like this. I didn't have anger problems if you were wondering- more like I can't deal with liars and bullshitters. It's one of my pet peeves.

I honestly had no clue where I was even walking to- I just went where my feet would take me. I was texting as I was walking- which was probably not the best thing for me to do- since I walked straight into a hard, cold metal pole.

"Ow!" I said as I instantly placed my hands on my forehead. There was no doubt that there will be a mark there tomorrow morning. I looked at the pole that I bumped into when I noticed a sign.

Pool Cleaner Wanted -Male or Female. (Must be dedicated)

Willing to pay 20$ day for the rest of the summer.

If you're interested, contact Mrs.Hood:

(789)766-0987(a/n i have no ideas how the numbers in Australia go lol)

I figured that a pool cleaner would be easy money- and It wouldn't take long. It was much better than spending all day behind a cash or working at a store. I dialed the number on the phone until a boy picked up. I knew this flyer sounded sketchy from the moments I layed my eyes on it- well, more like my forehead. I was about to hang up when I heard him say:

"Hold on, let me get my mother for you." He had a nice deep voice, and a thick Australian accent. I knew for the fact that he had called his mother that this wasn't a sketchy way to kidnap girls my age. I'm pretty sure they don't use mothers to kidnap- unless of course- it's different in Australia.

"Okay." I responded. I had just sat down on the curb of the street- holding my phone up to my ear on one side, and my other hand on my forehead because that hurt like a bitch.

"Hello?" A lady on the other line asked.

"Hi, I'm Kendall but you can call me Ken and I'm calling wondering about your pool cleaning?" I asked. The woman who I assumed was Mrs. Hood laughed.

"Hey Ken. Yes, the spot is still open. Can you come tomorrow and we will start then? My address is 87 Gulliver street (AN I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HIS REAL STREET IS LOL) and I'll see you at 10 am?" she asked sweetly. I smiled- she seemed like a nice woman. But I can't be fooled. Anyone who wakes me up before 12 is the spawn of Satan.

"Yeah, of course. I'll see you tomorrow Mrs.Hood" I replied sweetly, then I had hung up my phone. I had gotten up from the dirty street curb and attempted to try and find my way home. Once I knew where I was going, I walked back home without difficulty. My mom wanted me to get a job to stay out of the house, well here I am. I got one. Maybe now she'll get the fuck out of my hair and leave me alone for once.