Measurements

The jet moves quickly through the clouds and within a few hours I reach Indiana. The coordinates on the paper were to a cornfield. One of the many in Indiana, but this was more secluded than the rest.

It's still dark when I touch down. I turn the reflectors on and open the paper up again. The line after the coordinates gave an address. When I enter the address into a map on the jet it shows a small neighborhood. I study the map, fold the paper back up, and slip it back in my pocket. I'm wearing casual clothes so I look like any other citizen for a walk at like 5 in the morning. That's normal....

I lower the jet door and slip out into the darkness. It closes behind me and just like that it looks like it wasn't even there. It takes ten minutes just to get out of the cornfield. Just outside of the cornfield was a small farmhouse. I sigh and jog up to the door. It was still early so I was hoping someone would answer.

I ring the doorbell and wait, rocking on my heels. A few minutes later the door cracks open.

"What do you want?" They growl.

I become a whole new person. "Hi! My names Gracie uh my friends kicked me out of the car just outside the cornfield... Can I please use your phone?" I ask, trying to be as bubbly as I could.

The door opens wider and a short old man welcomes me inside. I smile and step inside.

"Phones in the kitchen, want anything to drink?" He asks kindly as he guides me to the kitchen.

"Oh no thank you sir." I respond.

He hands me an old phone and starts to make himself coffee. I graciously take his phone and start working my magic.

You may have wondered why I didn't bring my own phone but I wasn't going to risk Tony tracking it.

I find a phone number for a taxi company and dial the number. A few moments later there is a cab headed my way. I was about half an hour away from the given address. The man lets me wait in his house and we make small talk.

Eventually we're interrupted by the honk of a horn from outside. I thank the man and gather myself. He shows me out and watches until the cab speeds away.

The driver was quiet except when he asked for the address. I just stare out the window and watch the scenery fly by. Indiana was made of a lot of cornfields. It was very different from the city.

I must have zoned out because i'm surprised when the cab comes to a slow stop. I sit up and look out the window. I quickly pull the paper from my pocket and reread the address. I look out the window again to see the exact address on the mailbox beside us.

I pay the driver and watch as he speeds off once again. I stand on the sidewalk and read the next few lines.

This would be fun. The suns just barely risen above the horizon and it's starting to get lighter. I approach the house and knock on the door 4 times.

A very tall woman answers the door, still in her pajamas.

"How can I help you darling?" She asks with a slight accent.

I sigh again. "Cut off one head..." I start.

She stops me. "They told me you were coming!" She exclaims. "I'm Marie." She opens the door and pulls me inside.

"I can only go so far, my husbands the one in the organization and i'm not allowed to know too much." She says as she walks to another door and opens it. "Come along now."

I follow her down the stairs and into a basement. It looked like any other basement. There was a tv mounted on the wall, a pool table, couch, bookshelf, and several paintings on the wall.