The Creature

*Loki's Pov*

Peter would have loved this. A lab full of toys, learning of unearthly items. Yet I'm the one here, and he's the one six feet under. It isn't fair, he was the science nerd but somehow I'm here in some secret SHIELD base advising a team of idiotic mortals on the tesseract. Not that they listen to me much. One of the scientists, Selvig, had the brilliant idea to build a portal and despite my very verbal objections Fury allowed it. Now here we are, the tesseract uncontrollably opening a gateway for some... thing to stroll right in. It's build was that of a man, at least six feet tall, well built. But it's body was covered in metal, armor or not it seemed infused with what was below to become one with the being. The thing wore a mask like none I'd ever seen, it didn't have holes for eyes but you could tell it was looking around. Not one inch could be seen of whatever was underneath. Despite the muscular look of its body it was leaned over on a scepter it held. From the looks of it that septer was the only thing keeping it up. "Hello, we are SHIELD, do you speak English? Who are you? What are you?" Jane, Doctor Selvig's partner, questioned the being. "Who or what I am is no concern of your-" the thing answered in a low raspy voice. Stepping forward Fury interrupted it "Then what does matter." The thing stood up straight, touched his scepter to Doctor Selvig's chest, then Jane's, and lastly to agent Barton's. "They do" As they turned to us soft blue lights died from their eyes and looks of aggression took them.

It all happened so fast, first it walked out of the portal, next our friends turned on us, and lastly Fury, I and a few others were driving like hell to escape the collapsing building. At the end of the day Fury declared whatever it was must have died with the facility, buried under a hundred pounds of debris. That was the end of it, I went home to May, we had a nice dinner and I never thought of the incident again. That is until it came on the news of a mysterious man towering over a crowd of kneeling subjects, claiming to be some sort of god. The situation was shut down rather quickly with the arrival of Captain America, and Iron Man. Although the strangest thing was when the two arrived it seemed thrilled rather than worried of the looming threat. They were taken into custody, and that was when I got the call from SHIELD of yet another unidentified persons attacking their plane. They sent someone to fly me over quickly and low and behold who do I see standing above the chained thing. None other than Thor.

"Thor? What are you doing here?" Thor turned around, at the sight of me he smiled and his eyes lit up. "Brother! So nice to see you! How have you been?" The man lay on the floor, squirming for breath under the weight of Mjolnir. "Thor. Let it up." He looked down, then back to me and in a serious tone answered "I can't do that." "Why not? Has he committed some unspeakable crime on Asgard?" I asked, pointing to it still unsure of what it was. "No, I've come for the tesseract. It is too powerful for the mortal realm." He boomed "Which I 100% agree with, these mortals have been fools with it. I don't want it here anymore than you. However there is a system to follow, you can't just take what you want and leave. Give me a week. I'll bring it to you personally." I reasoned. "Loki this is far more important than you realize, the tesseract belongs on Asgard." Thor said, raising his hand for Mjolnir to return after the thing stopped moving. "You know what you're right, come with me. We can help each other, I'll help you to better understand midgard, you know, one of the nine realms you now rule. In return you can help me understand why this tesseract is so important. Deal?" A look of contemplation came across his face before he responded "I suppose that would be fine and you are right it is about time I learn more about this realm."