No Ordinary Girl Part 7

Start from the beginning

We both decided that we were gonna get the dragon tattooed on the bottom of our feet with its tail wrapping around our little toes like a toe ring. Both of our parents are pretty chill but are firmly set against tattooing so hence the secret part.

Suddenly Rizzo cracked up and bent down to untie her left shoe. Slipping her foot out and flexing it so I could see the reptile that mirrored my own painted onto the bottom of her foot.

“Great minds.” She laughed slipping her shoe back on. “I got mine last summer too.”

“I had to tell dad I rolled my ankle because I was walking so funny!”

“I said the same to my mom. Then she asked to see it and I just about shit myself.” Rizzo chuckled.

I pulled my hair from the loose bun I’d fastened it in after towel drying it, I quickly ran a squirt of defrizzer into it and I was set.

“I’m not yet caffeinated enough for school.” I announced as I picked up my backpack.

We made our way out of my room and into the kitchen where two steaming mugs of coffee were waiting for us along with a stack of waffles and a post it note. 

‘Poh,

 Meeting with Meredith to sort out things for the boys stay then I'm driving her to the airport: be good and if you can’t manage that, clean up after yourselves.

-Dad’

"If I remember correctly your father can’t cook.” Rizzo said poking at the waffles suspiciously. “Should I be worried about these?”

“Nah he just defrosted them in the microwave.”

“Sweet.” She said digging in.

I downed my coffee and grabbed my keys off the counter along with the one waffle that was left.

“We gotta head out; if I get detention god only knows what the boys will do to my room if they get here before me.” I said finishing off my waffle.

“Dude, you're atheist. Explain to me again why to use phrases like that?”

“Force of habit.” I responded locking the front door behind us. “Plus it gets my point across.”

“Can I just hitch a ride with you? I’m coming back here anyway and the supplies are parked in my car.” Rizzo asked nodding to her car.

“I’m almost scared of what kind of ‘supplies’ you would need for a sleepover.” I shuddered.

“Oh, trust me, you’ll like it.” She laughed climbing into the car beside me.

“I’m so sure…”

**** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

“Dad! We’re home!” I yelled pulling Rizzo through the door with me carting gallons of paint.

When he didn’t respond I shrugged and turned to Rizzo. “We’re painting.”

*** **** *** *** **** ****

“He wore a diamond! He was escorted to his chair, he saw Lola dancing there.” I belted out.

“And when she finished, he called her over.” Rizzo picked up.

But Rico went a bit too far and Tony sailed across the bar!”

“And then the punched flew.”

"And chairs were smashed in two!”

“There was blood and a single gun shot, but just,”

“Who. Shot. Who?” We sang together. “At the Copa-Copa Cabanna, the hottest spot north of a vana”