I sigh trying to do it. I felt like I was getting lighter but it made me feel like I was jogging with my shoulders alone.

I give up sighing, "This isn't working"

"It is. I know its hard. That's why we did the strength training"

I tried again shutting my eyes. It was tiring. My muscles burned after a few minutes of flapping

"You're doing great kid!" Hawks chirped excitedly.

I opened my eyes and looked down. I was a few feet away from the ground. I lost my concentration and panic suddenly falling.

Hawks grabbed me out of the air catching me by the waist, "Concentrate"

"I can't. It hurts" I shake my head. Every alarm in my body is firing. I'm shaking, my heart is starting to pound and I feel like I can't breathe. I'm scared.

"Ok ok" we slowly moved back to the ground, "You did really good kid. Its like using any other muscle. Its going to take time for you to build them up. You did good"

His hands stayed on my sides.

"I told you so" he smirked

"I barely did it" I shake my head slowly calming down. His hands holding me felt comforting. Its like they kept my grounded.

"Hey, it takes time. You were like 5 feet in the air. Not many can say that. There are people who can only dream to fly"

"It just feels...wrong"

"There is nothing wrong with flying" Hawks took my hands looking into my eyes, "Its perfectly natural for us. It's a part of you and there is NOTHING wrong with that"

He was so serious. I shook my head lightly, "Whatever you say Hawks" he can't understand. He may have wings as well but his wings are constantly celebrated. He doesn't knock off paperwork with them and can do so much than just fly with them.

"Its true. I don't want you to ever look down on yourself like that. You are... literally perfect"

My face flushed looking at him. He is so sweet looking away. His thumbs started rubbing the backs of my hands. He looked back at me as he took my hands bringing my knuckles up to him and kissing them.

He suddenly perked up, "How about we go to the Aquarium. They have a Aviary there so we can look at birds and I can tell you about them. It could help you with your flight lessons?"

"Hawks?"

"Yes?"

"If you're asking me out on a date I don't think you need an excuse"

His face turned scarlet while he turned away, "I... just don't want to be too direct and scare you off"

"We did already go on a date last night so when do you want to go?"

"Today after work?"

"Isn't that kinda sudden?" I shake my head rolling my eyes

"I like being spontaneous, anyway there is no time like the present"

"Hawks... how long have we known eachother?"

"By this point? Um...its been a few months, why?"

"Why don't I know you're name? I know we are fake dating but...it just feels weird. You call me by mine but...I don't even know yours. I understand you're a hero but...aren't we kinda close?"

Hawks POV

My heart it pounding a thousand times a minute. I am overwhelmed with the feelings of fear, pride, and... love. God I love her. I want her to remember and know just how much.

She just asked my name. I have abandoned it for so long but..I just want to hear it from her. This is the next step right? It's like we are really dating. The commission would be furious if my name got out; this is a risk I'm willing to take.

"My name is Takami Keigo. You can use it when we are in private but please don't let it get out to the public. Don't need people knowing who can use it against me"

"Ok, Keigo"

I felt a shiver up my spine. The way she said it is better than I could have ever imagined. Although it was so casual it means so much to me. I haven't heard my own name in so long.

I pull her into a hug wrapping my wings around her to hold her completely. This right here is the best moment of my life so far.

No one is ever going to hurt her ever again. I am going to make her love herself as much as I do. I'm so... so sorry I hurt her but I am determined to do EVERYTHING right.

"Keigo, you're squishing me"

"Just a minute more"

She relaxed in my arms hugging me back, "Oh- I forgot to give you back your jacket this morning"

"Gives me another reason to go back to your place" I smirk letting her go

She rolls her eyes at me, "How much have you been to my house?"

"A few times"

"Have I been to yours?"

"Yeah, why are you wanting to go back to my place" I twirk my eyebrow

She lightly smacked my chest laughing. I love that laugh, "No I was just curious. You knew the way to my place without any instructions. I was just curious"

I start waking with her to go get her lunch from the break room.

She was quiet after that. She looked to have been thinking of something as we walked. Once we reached my office she sat on the couch and finally spoke up.

"Keigo. I've been thinking... what did you do that made me want to forget you?"

My body froze. I didn't know how to put this. What did I do? I don't know how about dig up your past like some stalker? Yeah that'll go over well. How can I phrase this.

I rub my chin before finally finding my words, "Being honest. I was worried. I did something behind your back that you didn't like. I had no intention of hurting you. And even now I am trying to fix my mistake" I take her hands again trying to show my sincerity.

"How did you hurt me?"

"(Y/N) I need you to trust me. If I tell you now it could really hurt you. I want to get your consent first to remember everything that's happened. Honestly..." I sigh rubbing my thumbs on her hands again, "I think I also want to build your foundation before I even ask for it"

"I only have more questions than answers" she looked confused

"I know. I'm sorry. I promise if you still want to know later. We can totally do that. I just want you to be able to handle it first"

She pulled her hands from mine, "Was what you did to me really that horrible"

Shit shit shit wrong idea. Back peddle back peddle, "No no no. It's just if you remember that you remember what is connected to and that's the issue"

"Keigo... how can I trust you?"

"I gave you my name, if you wanted you could get me in deep shit, or even completely destroy my career with that alone" I chuckle to myself, "So please... trust me?"

"Ok, I trust you" she smiled sweetly at me.

My heart melted. We went back to just chatting. She seemed put to ease. She just needs to wait. I just don't think I want to put her through all that pain again so soon.