𝐈𝐈 - 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲.

Start from the beginning

Yuuji's grandfather only sighed, calling out quietly, "Yuuji, Y/N..." Yuuji hummed in acknowledgement, finishing up the flowers while you sat down by his bed, paying close attention.

"You two are strong kids so help people. It doesn't have to be all the time, but help whenever you can. Even if you don't get any gratitude, just help them out..." He gazed at the wall ahead, the light in his irises losing its hue. His voice grew weaker yet, in a raspier voice, he continued to speak. "And when it's your time, make sure to be surrounded by others... Don't end up like me..." he whispered before turning on his side, a small grin lingering on his features.

You stared at him, the grandpa's words still processing in your head. Despite his genuine advice, you found yourself clenching your fists, your breathing rapidly picking up. Your nails dug into your flesh, trying to calm yourself down, yet your anxiety only peaked higher and higher. A casket you long ago buried had begun to unravel itself inside your mind, unleashing terror that spread like a wildfire, ravishing every corner in your body. You trembled, a horrid memory suddenly flashing through your eyes.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

In a dark, hazy vision, blurred figures towered over your shivering body. Evil gleams glinted off their pale yellow teeth. Hands were splattered with splotches of blood dripping, trickling down on the cement.

Splat.

Ear-piercing heinous cachinnation rumbled, stabbing jolts of blasphemy into your mind. Curled up fists stained a lethal crimson flung back before striking you.

"H̵̛̛̦̉̒̍̀E̴͎̪͔͐͆̆̋͑͋L̷̳̠̘̖̞͑̍̓̿̽͘P̸̩͌̇͗̎̇̎̀̔̆—̴̢̨͙̜̺̹̟͇̖͚̏̀͊͂͊͌̕̚͠"

Splat. SPLAT.

Your cries rendered useless. Vermillion gushed from your body, painting the scenery with awful stenches of agony. Midnight charcoal dyed your sight in tiny spots, growing even bigger until consuming your entire sight.

SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!

Like the ticking of a clock, the sounds kept on going—they wouldn't stop.

BAM!

Your figure creased in half, the wind getting knocked out of you. You could hear a crack in your stomach; the gears being shattered.

The ticking fell silent—everything fell silent. Your hands that once determined how you spent your hours, completely broken. With no ringing, no lights, no parts moving, you could only wonder in the abyss.

Was this your time...?

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

You shook your head, snapping yourself out of your terrified frenzy. You bit your tongue, blinking away tears that threatened to spill while you attempted to cool down. You shot your head up, the old man flicking into your line of vision. Gazing at him, your trepidations began to ease, the distressing banging in your ears from your haunting past reducing down to a low whirring. You sighed, flopping your head on the old man's bed.