𝐈𝐈 - 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲.

Start from the beginning

"We were gonna come anyways! And these are for the nurses," Yuuji huffed. He grabbed the new bouquet of flowers from his grandpa, placing them inside a vase by the windowsill.

"That's more of a reason to not bring them, you fool!" You smirked coyly.

'But Gramps, you need something to yell at when we're not here! That's what those beauties are for!'

"Why you!" Yuuji's grandfather rolled up a newspaper, weakly throwing it in your direction. When it hit you, you fell down to the ground dramatically, weakly waving your notebook in the air.

'You wound me, old man...'

"Oh get up, Y/N!" You laid on the ground, laughing. "But listen, my children, I have something important to tell you guys." You sat up at his words, intently paying attention to what the elderly person had to say.

"Yuuji, about your parents..."

"Stop! I don't care; I'm not interested," Yuuji interrupted with a snap, making you flinch. You tapped the boy on the shoulder.

'Yikes man, tone it down a notch, will ya?'

He glared outside the window, shrugging you off before speaking up again, "Grandpa, will you just stop trying to act all cool?" The boy gripped the base of the vase. "Just be your usual self, okay?" You sighed, slumping down to the ground. Yuuji was right though—the old man acting all dramatic made it seem like he would... pass away...

"But it's about your parents!"

"And I'm not interested!"

Yuuji's grandpa shook angrily, grabbing a fistful of his bedsheets while he roared, "You brat! A man wants to go out in style; don't you get it?!" You looked up, chuckling at his abrupt childish outrage.

'With an emotional monologue about your family history? Really?'

"You watch yourself, Y/N!" You held up your arms like you were surrendering, still amused by his reaction. The older Itadori huffed, crossing his arms. "And anyway, you two shouldn't be spending your time in this sad room. What about that club of yours?"

"I wouldn't come here all the time if I was so bored! And the club ends before five," Yuuji grumbled, tending back to the flowers. His grandpa looked to you for verification. You jabbed your thumb in the pink-haired male's direction as confirmation before getting up, checking to see how he was doing.

The room slowly fell silent, the lack of noise not being suffocating or awkward though. Instead, it was quite refreshing as the ambience lightly hummed in everyone's ear who was in the room. Considering the amount of busy chit chatter and wailing that crowded the hospital, the silence was like a breath of fresh air. In the tranquil atmosphere, the ill elder gazed at you fondly. Both of you stood with your backs to him, the amber luminescence adorning each of your features. He and you seemed to be absorbing the light as it radiated off your figures, blinding the grandfather. Through squinting eyes, a small smile sprouted on his lips at a realisation.

You two had grown up so much and were destined for great things in the world—he was sure of it. He was sure that you didn't need him to care for you anymore.

As the old man watched, you stood beside Yuuji, assisting him in caring for the newly bought bouquet. The boy handed you the scissors he was using, watching as you trimmed the stems of the beautiful flowers. In the middle of your snipping though, the old man let out a cough. You spun around instantly, putting down the shears. You walked up to him, patting his arm, a silently sign that asked if he was doing alright.