𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

Start from the beginning

Y/n was giddy with delight, happy with her appearance—hopeful to catch Fred's eye. It only took a few minutes to put on her usual smudgy eyeliner, mascara, and lip tint, switching out her brown hair clip for a lilac one before being completely ready. She practically skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The two parental figures looked at Y/n as she waltzed into the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"You look stunning, dear," Camilla complimented, smiling, as she wiped down the counter with a rag.

"Thanks, Cami!" Y/n thanked her nanny, twirling.

Remus looked at Y/n with a disapproving expression, knowing that she knew a certain someone wouldn't be able to keep their eyes off her.

"You look nice," Remus said, forcing a smile.

"Thanks, Remu," Y/n smiled, obviously noticing his disapproval and only smiling more.

As Y/n attempted to get a quick snack from the refrigerator, Remus swiftly blocked her way.

"You just ate breakfast," Remus said while shaking his head, wagging his finger at her like a disappointed grandpa. "We can't go wasting all of our food-"

Remus was soon cut off by a loud whooshing sound coming from the cozy living room. All three people whipped their heads to the direction of the kitchen door, knowing it was the Weasleys immediately. Y/n bolted to the living room.

Y/n was soon spotted by a certain red headed twin who immediately grinned at the sight of her. Fred ran over to Y/n and pulled her into a tight hug, her feet hovering over the ground, having been pulled up by her. His long, warm fingers caressed her waist slightly as his arms wrapped around it, Y/n felt her face heat up at his touch, but still wrapped her arms around his neck.

His scent was so refreshing after a while of not seeing him, and his touch—

A loud cough interrupted the intimate moment between the two, causing both blushing teenagers to step apart, awkwardly. The owner of the loud cough ended up being George Weasley, who wore a mischievous grin as he looked between the two. Y/n quickly ran over to him, as well, and wrapped her arms around his torso, and he returned the brotherly hug.

Y/n was extremely happy to see the mischievous little devils gain, more than she'd willingly express.

"Nice seeing you again, Y/n" Mr. Weasley spoke up as Y/n and George let go of each other, sounding very distracted.

"Nice seeing you too, Mr. Weasley," Y/n smiled at the man, inclining her head.

"How've you been, Arthur?" Remus asked brightly, walking up to Mr. Weasley with an extended hand and a smile.

Mr. Weasley looked away from the light and to Remus, a smile appearing in his face as he grasped Remus' hand, pulling him in for a "manly" hug.

"Oh, as good as anything can be!" Mr. Weasley beamed. "Percy's just gotten into the ministry, and of course the World Cup!"

"I wish I could go with Y/n, but I'm picking up another job and I'm afraid I've never been that interested in Quidditch," Remus sighed, and there was that usual flicker in his eyes whenever something reminded him of his friends and how things used to be.

Their small conversation wasn't quite as lively after Remus was reminded of the past, but Y/n knew Remus was trying as best he could to seem perfectly alright. And he was relieved from the effort of having to try so hard soon enough.

"We've ought to get going, Molly's going to have a nag at me if we don't hurry," Mr. Weasley chuckled, his hands deep in his coat pockets as he rocked on his heels.