It Gets Better Eventually

Chapter 1
(Before I start, the sport was originally suppose to be football but then I realized I knew barley anything about the sport so soccer it is)

We're extraordinary beans, witches, werewolves, vampires and even me a tribrid. My father Klaus Mikaelson and my mother being Haley Marshall, the former Cresent wolf alpha. When she died I was named alpha by inheritance. I remained in New Orleans a few more weeks after my dad died before returning to school.

Nothing was the same here, the walls seemed more gloomy, students appeared to be happier. Everything was louder than before. My world had been turned upside down and I wasnt sure anything would ever be the same.

"We're glad to have to back, Hope" Alaric patted my back, giving me a look of sympathy.

"Call us if you need anything" I looked back at aunt Freya, sighing before walking away. It was too loud and the hallways were closing in on me slowly.

"Call us, if anything happens" I guess aunt Freya thought I was out of ear range as she whispered that to Alaric.

I was half way to my room, relieved when I saw the door meters away. Only to be knocked into by the one and only Penelope Park.

"Welcome back" She said as she began picking up her books.

I had my brows furrowed, wishing she hadn't bumped into me. "Hey, you ok?"

I could feel the magic bubbling inside me, trying not to explode in the middle of the hallway I pushed Penelope aside and ran to my room, shutting the door with the flick of my wrist.

I fell to the ground as the door slammed running my hands through my hair trying to compose myself. All I could see around me was pictures of my dead parents.

I could feel the room shaking, trying my best to control the magic that boiled inside of me. Tears poured out of my eyes.

"Hope!" Someone called distantly.

I felt a hand on my back, barley noticing it as someone wrapped their arms around me. "Let it out, im here for you"

The voice sounded familiar, I couldn't tell who it was that was comforting me but I felt safe in their embrace. Letting myself cry and letting the tears escape my eyes without trying to contain them.

"Its going to get better with time"

I sobbed into their shoulder, I could feel my magic fade away, the room had stopped shaking.

I pulled back when I composed myself, wiping the tears away as I stared into the face of Penelope.

My eyes widened in shock as I scooted back and stood up, straightening my shirt.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"You looked stress, I just wanted to help"

I furrowed my brows in confusion, she was being nice? The ravenette was more of a confident, snarky and self centered kind of gal. Seeing her caring for me took me aback.

"Well you can help yourself to the door" I said without even thinking.

She scoffed on her way out. I didnt really care. I was already building my walls and after Roman and my parents no one was going to break them.
----

1 month had passed by and I was settled in to school, I had joined the school soccerball team to keep my mind going. Today we had our first game up against Mystic Falls High. I was pretty excited it was all I could think of. We were totally gonna beat their asses.

"Mikaelson, there's a party tonight to celebrate us winning, you going?"

"Of course!"

My teammates loved dragging me to the after game parties, I learned not to say no once they'd drag me out of bed once the party would start. So instead I just learned to be excited and have a good time. I'd leave early anyways, just waiting for them to get drunk enough then I'd disappear into the woods usually changing into my wolf form or heading to bed for the night.