13

No Perspective

"Stop!"

The man smirks deviously, and mutters, "Did you stop when she asked you to?"

The man on the floor stays quiet, the only noise being his shaky breath.

"That's what I thought." His accent flavoring his sentence in all the right ways. He grips the knife in his hand tighter. He squats down next to the other man.

He twirls the knife between his fingers, in his hand. "You should've never touched her. Now your son will have to grow up without a father. How sad." He pouts in a synthetic way, mocking him.

He brings the knife into the air, then drops it down straight into the other man's chest. The man on the floor yelps, "Please!"

The man pushes the knife deeper. Slowly, he continues to shove it down and he didn't intend to stop until it was fully into him. Until he was dead.

The blade was fully into his chest when the man pulled it out quickly and stabbed him again, in a different spot. This time making it quick. He lifted the knife again and brought it back into the other man's chest, over and over and over, until the man on the floor stopped fighting. He was finally dead.

The man who had just murdered the other guy, stands up, leaving his murder weapon on the floor. He steps over the dead body, and walks towards the front door. He had no remorse for what he just did.

He walks outside and takes off his gloves. He throws them on the floor and pulls a bottle of hand sanitizer. He squeezes some into his hands and puts the bottle back into his pocket. He rubs them together and exhales happily.

He walks down a couple blocks until he reaches a payphone. He pulls out two quarters. He puts them into the machine, and picks up the phone. He dials, and brings it to his ear.

Operator: 911 What's your emergency?

Man: I would like to report a murder

Stella Flores

When I got home, my parents weren't even home yet. I ran upstairs to plug my phone in, to find out where the hell they were.

I had gotten a text from my mom around 1 saying that her and my dad were going to be out for the night at a business party. It honestly worked out perfectly for me, because I would've been in a lot of trouble if they were here.

I grab my laptop and open FaceTime to call Isla. I want to tell her what happened. She answers after a few rings.

"What's up babe?" She was in her car, driving alone. She could come over, my parents won't be home until late. Plus, I rather talk to her in person.

"Can you come over? My parents are at a work event and I um. I want to talk to you about something."

She looks at me worriedly, "I was just on my way home from Caden's house but I can go over. Are you okay?"

I feel tears swelling in my eyes and I shake my head. "I'll be there in five minutes. Do you wanna stay on the phone?"

I shake my head again. It was pointless, she would be here soon. "It's okay. Text me when you're here." I hang up and close my laptop. I wasn't going to tell anyone else. I know that at one point I'm going to have to tell my parents because I'm going to have to testify in court. But right now, I'm okay with keeping it to myself.