➪12. ...𝙎𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙔

Start from the beginning

————"Adam, we're challenging you to a beef!" Cherry Blossom and Joe shouted in unison.

"Ah well, that's a very interesting offer, I'll have to-"

"Oi, this is our beef, Adam! Don't you think for a moment that you can run away from this!" Reki interrupted Adam.

"Of course, I'd never run away. I see you're both ready to attempt to take me down. Well, let's get this over with." He laughed, before taking his starting stance.

Reki and y/n also prepared in their positions, waiting for the countdown.

"I've got to do this for them. I have to win for Miya. I have to do this." She repeated to herself.

"Go!" The female announcer shouted.

Y/n was so busy thinking to herself she didn't even realize the countdown started. She looked ahead, and saw Reki already speeding away. But when she stared at the man beside her, he was just standing there, smoking a cigar.

"How confident is he if he's just standing there?!"
Y/n thought to herself.

Deciding that it would be unwise to not make use of this head start, she pushed her hardest and went ahead.

Adam only snickered and puffed out a cloud of smoke.

After around a minute or so, Adam decided it would be a good idea to start skating. He took all that time smoking a cigar and giving some weird speech about keeping the cigars in a compact case. Langa and Miya didn't bother to understand what he meant.

There he goes, speaking in riddles again.

As the blue haired man took off on his skateboard with a powerful kick, people gasped. His kick was so strong that it left a gust of wind lingering on their faces.

Up ahead, Adam could see the two silhouettes that he was looking to catch up to. Reki was in the lead by a bit, while y/n was slightly behind. It seems like she had just finished landing a trick.

"Hey there, you two." The slender man greeted them with a hint of evil in his voice.

Reki and y/n were caught off guard. How did he catch up so quickly?

Adam approached Reki first and skated dangerously close to him.

"Oi, get away from Reki! You're both gonna crash!" Y/n shouted at Adam.

He only laughed, when he proceeded to wrap Reki in a tango-like position.

It was all like a choreographed sequence. First, he did a small spin, switch their positions, then Adam dropped Reki from his arms. The red head expected to hit the ground, but Adam caught him last second. He was now in a dipped position, his head nearly touching the ground.

Y/n felt tears pooling in her eyes. She couldn't let Adam just treat Reki like a marionette. In this situation, it was y/n that had to step in to help.

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" She screamed at the man, before quickly skating right in between Adam and Reki. It was a good thing that Reki's feet were in his board, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to be separated.

She gave Reki a small push so he could escape from that dance-like move. Unfortunately, Reki lost his balance when y/n shoved him, so he tumbled, and was left behind in the dust, with Adam and y/n still completing in the race.

"Crap, I thought he would have been able to continue the race. But I guess that was better than whatever Adam could have done to him. He'll be fine, Langa would probably find him." Y/n thought.