Chapter One- Nostalgia

Nostalgia
Chapter 1

Y/N's P.O.V (first person)

"I'll see you soon princess, don't miss me too much okay?" I watched as everything went dark.

The sunlight greeted everyone this morning, small rays of light seeping through the curtains that flowed from the soft breeze coming through the window. It wasn't a cold breeze, it was spring finally coming from it's nap, whispering in your ear that she's come home. I felt my body wake up slowly, my eyes fluttered open, remaining half-lidded. My fingers twitch a little, feeling returning from its slumber, my sense of touch starting at the tip and working it's way up. The lights in my body seemed to turn on one by one as I slowly shifted till I was sitting up letting my hand hang as my hair draped over, covering my face and few strands found themselves falling over to frame my face. Lethargic.

I slowly look up, my eyes trailing right to left, familiarizing with the same room I've woken up to like many days before. Sighing, I run my right hand through my hair and I let myself depend on the left for support to not fall back on the soft mattress. Gripping my hair a little tightly I narrowed my gaze at the closet that was on the far off wall on the left. What is today? I let my subconscious take over, my body following it's natural routine, after having done it so many times before it's no surprise by the time I've fully awakened and came to, I had completed my morning routine. Reluctantly I looked up to face the long mirror in front of me. Avoiding the glass I trailed my eyes on the wall carpented wooden frame. Intricate swirls decorated the dark wood along the rim of the mirror, all in all, it was a beautiful piece of work.

Finally, I looked at myself in the mirror, The mirror was so large, it made me seem inferior to its height. The mirror proceeded to stand at 7 feet tall which seemed rather peculiar seeing as I wasn't close to such height. Making eye contact with myself in the mirror my eyes seemed to be vacant, distant as I scanned my complexion. My (s\c) skin glowed thanks to the morning light but my pupils constricted as I continued to inspect myself, like a code. I was looking for the error. Yet I found none. That was my error. My (h\c) hair was tied into an updo (If you have long/medium length hair, a high ponytail, for short hair, half-up half-down) I watched as my hair swayed gently almost mesmerizingly.

Quickly, I let myself observe my clothing choice. I wore black fingerless gloves that reached my elbow. The cloth was thick like leather, but the fabric was light and flexible. Clipping the double chain on my glove that attached from my elbow to my wrist and the same with the other, I laced up my brown combat boots. I was wearing a black tank top with black leggings with denim light wash short on top, tethering at the edges. Over my tank top I wore a creeper jacket (A\N: like the one on the cover) Pulling over the hood and leaving the jacket unzipped, I quickly cuffed the sleeves to meet my elbow where the gloves end. I dash down the halls.

" Tubbo! I'll be heading out now thanks for the visit!" I shouted from the front door. " NO PROBLEM Y/N!" His voice could be heard from the kitchen, it was most likely he was making honey, afterall he was the royal gardener. Today's the day. The day the whole kingdoms' been waiting for. Today was the coronation. A competition for men and women alike to participate in a tournament for the princesses hand in marriage. It was simple. Anyone who passes the entrance exams may participate, the princess will watch the competition for whom she chooses to let have her hand her hand in marriage. If you win but she does not pick you, you acquire the grand prize of 100,000 dollars. A simple competition. And it's not a sight you see everyday, funny enough, ever since the queen had died the king had never left his castle. Nobody remembers his face or they were too old to recall such memories. Now the competition for his daughter's hand in marriage will take place in the grand arena which had originally been built for exile. Come morning light.

(If you get the reference I lub chu)

I keep a steady pace as I run to the arena. But It felt as if in a blink of an eye, there it stood, standing tall right before me. The off-white colour of stone built up the pillars that stood strong, vines tied themselves around them finding home in the old, possibly ancient arena. Dandelions seemed to find its way through the cracks in the concrete. I let my eyes wander from the dandelions that sat at the bottom of the pillar and watched as the vines climbed up to decorate their home, all the way to the arch that stood in the middle, watching as the stone curved with ease and the intricate design carved into the keystone. There was a fiery glow from torches that surrounded the arena; they stood tall among the arc's, burning away at the shadows that lurked in the far corners of the room during the misty morning air . Suddenly, horns were playing and people were rising from their seats. It's starting.

I stepped one foot before the other as I made my way to the training area at the side of the arena behind the cold metal gates. People filed in, different colours and shapes seemed to fly by in a blur, it was pretty. I found myself smiling softly as families came holding hands with their children, little boys and girls jumping in excitement, shouting and pointing at fighters, knights and interns, but the princes? There were many from every kingdom. Some seemed to be proper-ass pimps and others could actually fight to some extent. Though among the crowd I spotted an unmistakable braid of hair at the corner of my eye.

"Techno.." I mumbled under my breath. Looking closer, I saw him talking to people around his height. I let myself take a quick glimpse, not wanting to stare or be noticed. Biting my lip as I caught a blur of green, clearly the male was tall, maybe taller then Techno. I wanted to talk to Techno about it but after weighing my options I decided not to walk over to the said 'blood god'. I had other things to focus on. I watched for a certain face, and fortunately I didn't have to look long.

"Niki, I'm over here." I mumbled to a girl beside me who seemed to be looking over a crowd of people. Eventually, she finally looked down. Blue eyes met (e/c) and Niki's face seemed to light up.

"Y/N! It's good to see you outside!" She giggled. " I- okay now that's just mean!" I pouted. Niki just giggled some more before cupping my face and squishing my cheeks.

"Hey..." I whined, this was a habit of hers whenever we met up, she'd start squishing my cheeks because they were, and I quote, 'Super soft and adorable when I pouted.'

I huffed. "You're super weird Niki." "Uh huh, like you're any different, last I checked you-" "Niki, it's starting."I interrupted her sentence seeing an unmistakable noise of trumpets once more. Glancing up at the balcony that stood two royal chairs, clear enough to everyone who should be sitting there. But there seemed to be a tall dirt brown haired boy frantically opening a scrawl. Looking closer, it would go unnoticed, the sight of his black rimmed glasses and forest green eyes, but you were well aware of who that was. Don't let looks deceive you, while Darryl looks so innocent and clumsy, there's a reason why he's a Duke and five year champion in the Knight's PVP ring ( I made up half this stuff don't attack me please).

I barely listened when he proceeded to read out the scroll, constantly stumbling on his words and losing his lines and having to repeat certainwhile he tried to pick up where he left off, all while he studied the crowd, eventually our gaze was met to which I gave him a reassuring smile. After that his confidence seemingly returned. After a while I saw princess Minx appear on the platform alongside Darryl and took a seat almost elegantly on the right side chair. Zoning back in I managed to hear the very words I've been waiting for.

"Without further adieu, let the tournament begin."
.
.
.

To Be Continued <3