Prologue

A young guy of 29 years is sleeping on the bed. He has a handsome face with sharp features, a well-built body and a mesh of thick black hair. He stirs in his sleep as someone opens the curtains letting the sunlight fall on him.

"Please let me sleep. I need to sleep. Five more minutes please.", he murmurs.
"It's already 11 bache. You have a recording at 2 o'clock. Get up now or else you will be late.", a woman says as she sits beside his head, running her fingers through his hair.
He slowly puts his head on her lap and with a yawn he says,"Good morning Mom."
His mother, Sumitra Devi smiles as he opens his eyes. She says,"Good morning. You came so late last night. I had fallen asleep. Mitali told me that you arrived at 4 in the morning. And you didn't even change your clothes."
He sits up, rubbing the back of his neck and says,"Yes. The show ended late last night. Then Praveen had organised fan interactions. I was stuck there. I was so tired that I fell asleep once I hit the bed. I didn't have the strength to even change my clothes."
He gets up from the bed and says,"Please make breakfast. I am going to get fresh."

Sumitra Devi pours a glass of orange juice as her son joins her on the breakfast table. He has wet hair from showers and has changed into a comfortable pair of t-shirt and shorts.
Sitting beside him she says, "Why are you working so hard? Why are you doing these back-to-back live shows? It's taking a troll on you. Take a break bache. "

He stops after taking a bite from the toast,"Shows are the way I connect with my fans. Once I am on the stage, I feel..alive.. Yes I feel alive when I am on the stage. But you know I won't be doing this for long. A permanent break from performing. I am losing it Mom. It is happening slowly. Last night too, I couldn't..You know what, I just want to make the most of the time I am left with."
"Sidharth..bache don't talk like that.. You can still perform..sing..do.", Sumitra Devi's words trail off.
"I will be singing. And I know that very well as I can't live without it. But you know performing on the stage will be impossible. And more over I won't be able to ..", he stops in the middle, lowering his head.

Sumitra Devi puts her palm over his cheek as he lifts his head and smiles meekly at her.
She, with misty eyes,"I am sure everything will be good. I pray to God everyday for you. We will find something, I know. We will find a cure.."
Sidharth smiles at her again and replies, "I hope so. But even if I don't get a cure and lose it entirely, I will always have you and music to live for."
He gives out a deep breath and says,"I just have one wish. I want to create exceptional music. An album of some heart touching songs which I want to perform live in front of an audience. But I am not able to do so. I am not getting the right tunes or words for it."
Sumitra Devi wipes her eyes and says,"You will surely create the songs you want to..I know."

Sidharth stands in front of the mirror putting the buttons of his shirt, humming a song when he stops. He hears a tune being played somewhere. Someone is playing piano. He turns and goes to open the glass door to get into the balcony. There is a bungalow right beside theirs. Someone is playing a tune in the room there. He closes his eyes and the tune touches his heart, his soul, "It's so..beautiful.." And then it stops.

He tries to look for the artist but it is difficult to find the person from such a distance.
All through the day that music runs in his mind. He had never felt like this before. If music could speak, it had done so to him. It told him to put words into it and to sing, to let the world hear it. At the end of the day, Sidharth had made a decision to find the artist, the creator of this music.