skiving || chapter twenty-five

Začít od začátku

"Psst!"

Someone from behind tossed a ball of parchment off my back. I turned around and saw Harry staring expectantly at me. He gestured to the crumbled sheet of parchment on the floor.  I leant over and picked it up. When I unfolded it, there was a little note for me to read. 

"There's a secret passageway that leads you to the Honeydukes cellar if you plan on making a quick getaway. Simply approach the one-eyed witch statue, tap the hump with your wand, whisper the incantation "Dissendium" and the hump will open up wide enough for you to slip down. ~ H.P"

I looked up from the note and peered over my shoulder. I mouthed a grateful, "Thank you" to him before sliding the note into my Slytherin robes.

Just on queue, the clock struck twelve and everyone rose from their seats in a hurry. Malfoy and I quickly shoved our books into our bags and separated from the rest of the crowd before anyone could catch us.

"Come on, we have to go to the one-eyed witch statue," I said quickly.

"What?" Malfoy sounded confused. "I thought we were skiving?"

"We are, but it leads to a secret passage out of the castle." I explained. Malfoy narrowed his eyes. "How did you discover a secret passage? And without me?"

"Why would I have discovered it with you?" I asked, a teasing grin on my face. Malfoy rolled his eyes and grumbled a little, "Come on..."

When the statue of the witch finally came into view, we both paused and checked our surroundings. Most people had filed into their next class by now, so the corridors were deserted.

"Come on, we have to be quick." I whispered, sliding my wand out from my robe's inside pocket. As I approached the statue, I was perfectly aware Malfoy was watching my every move. His warm gaze was tracing every inch of my silhouette. "Dissendium," I whispered, tapping the witches hump.

As promised, an opening began to reveal itself. I glanced down and saw a little tunnel to slide into. "Wicked..." Malfoy breathed. I stepped aside, expecting him to go in, but he just stood there, staring at me. "Well? Go on, ladies first."

"What a gentleman," I teased, nudging him in the side with my elbow before I dropped down and slid into the tunnel. At the end of it, I stumbled to my feet where little light from above trickled down.

I was in middle of patting my skirt down when Malfoy slid down the tunnel behind me, only to crash into the ground. "Sorry," Malfoy grunted, picking himself up from the ground before extending a helping a hand towards me.

"Don't worry," I whispered, allowing him to help me up onto my feet. Once we were both steady, I looked around the dimly lit tunnel and noticed it went nowhere but straight on. "Well, this makes matters a lot easier."

"Yep," Malfoy breathed. He brushed past me and set off, taking long, steady strides which were hard to keep up with. "Can you—," I panted, jogging towards him. "Slow— down!"

"Not my fault you have tiny legs," Malfoy said, slowing his pace a little. "Excuse me? I do NOT have tiny legs!" I retorted, "My height is perfectly average."

"Uh-huh," Malfoy hummed sarcastically. "That's why you stopped growing at the age of eleven."

"Malfoy?"