Chapter 9 - Virginia

Start from the beginning

His computer pinged, signalling that the search was ended. "APRIL 2012" blinked on the screen next to a graph that compared the actual radiation to the one it had recorded back then. "Dritt - (shit)," he cursed in Norwegian.

"It's not what I think it is, is it?" Fenris peered over his shoulder.

"Yes, it is. Fuck," Magnus cursed. In April 2012, Loki had come to earth. It had ended in New York's battle on 4rth May 2012.

"And you are sure that's not an error?" Fenris asked.

"I don't think so. The radiations match on 96%."

"Alright, I'll give out a warning to the others." Fenris nodded and started contacting the Harlovsens worldwide so that they could start preparing for whatever would come.

〰〰〰

"That could hurt a bit," Bruce warned as he held the little gun with the chip to Katta's forearm. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Right, you'll probably not mind," he mumbled before pulling the trigger. A sharp pain jolted through Katta's arm.

"That I heal fast doesn't mean that it hurts less," she hissed, peering at her arm.

"I'm sorry. Next time, we numb it beforehand." Bruce pulled out an ultrasound device and slid it above the chip in her arm, looking at a screen beside him.

"Next time," Katta muttered, too quietly for him to hear.

"Perfect," Bruce exhaled before shortly smiling at her. The situation apparently made him uncomfortable.

"What exactly does that chip?" Katta pulled the sleeve of her sweatshirt back down.

"It's a location device in the first place," Bruce answered, dodging her look.

"And what does it in second place?" Katta stood up from the lab table.

"It gives us exact details about your physical conditions," Bruce explained. He pointed at one of the screens, where lines with regular amplitudes appeared.

"Your heart is beating so slowly." He sounded amazed. Like Katta was the newest great discovery in science.

"I'm glad I could be of assistance," Katta muttered briefly. She left the laboratories and went through the corridor. Apparently, she was S.H.I.E.L.Ds newest lab rat. A shiver ran down her spine. Would they experiment with her as H.Y.D.R.A did? Would they electrocute her to make her stay awake for weeks? Would they take her blood and try to alternate it? Would they slice her skin to see how fast she could heal?

"Lady Katta!"

She flinched, raising her shoulders. For a second, she heard a droning in her ears, but it ended as quickly as it had begun. Upon turning around, she saw Thor walking in her direction. He wore the typical Asgardian armour, his hammer dangling from his right wrist.

Katta breathed in, chiding herself. Damnit, her nerves were on edge.

"I suppose you're not going to stay," she noticed. Thor grinned at her, letting his hammer rotate.

"You suppose right, Lady Katta. I'll head to godly halls of Asgard to look after Loki in the godly cells."

"I get it. Everything is very godly," Katta rolled her eyes. Still, she couldn't completely hide the smirk pulling on her lips. He noticed it, smiling back.

"You're really beautiful when you smile."

Katta thought she had misheard, but Thor kept talking. "Beautiful, but very angry at the same time. You should think about a betrothal. Maybe to a god. Not many women of Midgard ever get the chance to lay with a man of Asg--"