"oi! stop it; it's mine", the man lowly snarled, to which marri had smiled.

she had found the connection.

"I knew you could see it. I knew you were special just like my friend", the little girl said, making the dark-haired male even more paranoid.

"who are you?"

"MARRI!! MARRI, WHERE ARE YOU?!", itadori and megumi shouted, to which the girl had flinched.

"I gotta go, but see you soon, mister shady!!", marri waved as she ran off into the crowd, returning back to megumi and itadori.

"marri! you can't just run off like that you know?", megumi huffed.

"but I saw a cute curse".

"still! that'll make us worried", itadori reprimanded, to which marri had pouted.

"gomen..."

"it's okay. just don't do it next time okay?", megumi said.

marri nodded her head as megumi had picked the girl up, walking back to the store as she saw the curse and man disappear.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?! I TURN AROUND AND FIND THAT YOU'RE ALL GONE?! AT LEAST TELL ME FIRST NEXT TIME!", kugisaki yelled, to which itadori and megumi both glanced at each other, their faces sour.

"hai~ gomenasaiiii", itadori apologized

kugisaki huffed.

"anyways, let's head to the next store".

"can we please get some food first? I'm starving", itadori whined.

kugisaki rolled her eyes as she sighed. "yeah, sure", she replied, to which itadori had pumped his fists as marri was also quite elated.

as the teens were walking, marri suddenly laid her head on megumi's shoulder.

"goomi..."

"hm?"

"I met someone today...", marri started. "well...this isn't the first time, but he looks a lot like you..."

"really?"

"mhm...and...and...I just wanted to say that I-I..."

marri couldn't remember the exact word, as she struggled to express what she was feeling.

"I like you a lot so please don't go away", the four-year old seriously said, to which megumi had raised a brow, wondering where this was all coming from.

"you're...you're my first friend goomi, so...so please don't leave me...", marri mumbled, snuggling into the crook of megumi's neck, as she thought about what satoru had told her before.

'megumi's originally a zenin, and his father left him for his own reasons'.

marri had plenty of questions like any curious four year old, so who was satoru to stop his daughter from learning about megumi's past.

and surprisingly, she understood a lot more than a normal child would, as she was also way more observant and sharp.

"I'm not going anywhere", megumi reassured, patting marri's back as the girl straightened up her posture.

the girl then slapped both her hands on megumi's face, forcing him to look at her.

"and I promise that I'll never leave you! I'll be here for you, because you mean a lot to me, okay?!"

megumi nodded, letting marri down as they had reached the restaurant.

the dark-haired boy never knew what was going on inside marri's head, but he cracked a small smile.

truth be told, megumi always enjoyed marri's bright presence, as she never failed to make megumi feel included, even if she herself didn't know what was going on.

megumi knew that marri knew about his past — curtsy to satoru — so he somewhat understood where she was coming from.

and it didn't take a genius to figure out that marri had probably seen his dad, as even though he hadn't seen his own father in years, he knew that he still resided at the zenin household.

he was thankful that satoru had kept him from the zenin family, as he was content with where he is right now.

'I'll be here for you too'