𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗧𝘀𝘂

Kogane rereads it then rereads it again because damn, Goshiki's handwriting is really pretty (totally not because he accidentally skipped a line, we all do).

'Be in his book...'

Kogane knows they have a bookshelf in there house.Its full of plant facts and volleyball tips, different frog breeds and Pokémon plushies.

But this had to be special, Goshiki wouldn't just bring up a non-special book that had no meaning at all.

'Are books even special, it's just a bunch of jumbled up words'

Dismissing his own hate for books, Kogane's retreats back to there shared room.He immediately makes a beeline for his desk (which had somehow became Goshiki's in this short time of living together).

Paper scraps, star stickers, and glittery pens are scattered over the smooth, white wood.Kogane clearly remembered setting this up with Ushijima when the couple first moved in.

Apparently, that day, Goshiki, Tendō, and Shirabu had better plans of watching k-dramas all day.

Back to the actual task at hand, Kogane grabbed the only book the two ever kept in this room.

There scrapbook, picture book, whatever you'd like to call it.Every memory they'd made and every picture they'd ever taken was in here.

And there, sticking out of the middle, was a purple sticky note.

𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗯𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱.𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗦𝗲𝗺𝗶 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴!!

𝗵𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗵𝗶𝗻𝘁: 𝗼𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀??

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲,
𝗧𝘀𝘂(𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘂𝗽!!!)

Kogane's rolled his eyes playfully, of course this was a competition with Shirabu.

Now what could this clue mean....?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And here was Kogane standing proudly outside there towns only fancy restaurant in sweatpants and a t-shirt (yes, the shirt was v-necked to show of his one chest hair).

This was there first fancy date.Usually they went to fun arcades and cute, healthy cafes.One time they even went to a nearby swamp to search for frogs.

But this, this was when Kogane wanted to impress Goshiki with all the money he had saved up through his student teacher job (now he's a real teacher, round of applause).

And where do manners come in?

This was the place where Kogane learned his manners from Goshiki himself.

So maybe everybody learns there manners at a young age from there parents.Kogane did too.Its just that Kogane didn't retain them.

So this HAD to be where the next note was and he knew exactly who would have it.

"Hey lil bird, where's your other half" Osamu Miya asks, leaning against the bar Kogane had just sat down at.

"Osamuuuu, don't do this to me, I know you have the next note" Kogane pouts, impatiently drumming his fingers against each other.

Now that he knew this was a competition, he wanted to win.Not that he had a grudge with Shirabu and Semi, it was just the fact that who wouldn't want to win.

Osamu shrugs, "I don't know man, maybe you should order"

"I do NOT have the money to order right now" Kogane looks at Osamu in disbelief.Doesn't he understand that's why Kogane has only came here ONCE.

"It's on me, lil bird" Osamu smiles.

And kogane ordered because he was hungry (definitely wasn't telling Goshiki or anybody that he skipped breakfast this morning).

A steaming hot plate of curry and rice was placed in front of him and he dug right in, Osamu watching him intently.

Goshiki had told him so many times to slow down while eating his food, Kogane had said the same to the other, but kogane was only understanding the consequences when he suddenly choked.

And the damn Miya didn't even help him, just watched him with upturned lips and laughter bubbling within his chest.

When Kogane had finally stopped choking, the cause of the burn in his throat was on his plate before him.

A purple sticky note, sauce and rice bits covering so much of it the words written in black ink were smeared.

𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝘆, 𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗶𝘁!!𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝗻𝘁

: 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲?

𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲,
𝗧𝘀𝘂

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And that's how Kogane ended up at the jewelry store (where he got Goshiki's watch), the ice cream cart in the park (where the two couldn't decide on one flavor and ended up whistling 20 dollars with brain freeze as a consequence), and then to the butterfly exhibit.

Purple notes were scrunched into his pocket as he reached his final (hopefully) destination.

His own classroom at Shiratorizawa high.

Hushed whispers were heard from the other side and Kogane could see the light flick off from the crack underneath the door.

Despite not knowing anything that was going on, Kogane still chuckled, because there was never a wrong time to laugh (unless your at a funeral, definitely at funerals).

Slowly encasing his hand around the doorknob, Kogane slowly creaked open the wooden door.

"SURPRISE!!!!"

There were all his kids, throwing what looked to be sunflowers into the air.Some landed in his head, some around his feet, but the one thing he noticed was Goshiki in the middle of the room.

And damn, Goshiki looked like the damn sun compared to him, shining bright and giving everyone around him energy.

But the thing that stood out the most was Goshiki on one knee, hands holding open a ring box.

"I figured I could propose to you in front of your kids, so ya know, you can't reject me"

______