"Yeah, with livers and kidneys," Erica said.

"And so why don't we take out the stomach and the kidneys?" Meredith said.

"Oh, yeah, that'd be great if you wanted to kill her. We're talking about two completely different blood supplies here. So, no, not a good idea, Grey," Erica snapped. They sat in silence for a minute. "Who are those people?" Erica asked. Erin looked up, seeing Tori's family staring in at them through the window.

"Uh, that's Tori's dad, Randy, and his brother, Pat, and Pat's wife, Jean, and Tori's brother, David and-" Erin explained.

"Why are they staring at us?" Richard said.

"I don't think they're staring at us, Chief. I think they're just waiting, seeing if we have any news," Bailey said. The chief sighed and stood up.

"Look, try and come up with something before I get back," he scowled, leaving the room. They sat in silence for another minute.

"Close the blinds, Grey," Erica glared at Erin. Erin rolled her eyes and stood up, smiling apologetically at Tori's family as she pulled the blinds shut.

"Any luck?" the chief walked back into the conference room an hour later.

"What do you think? Look, I know you want to be number one, Richard, but we can't take in every charity case that comes along. It is a huge waste of resources," Erica said.

"It's your call, Dr. Bailey," Richard said. His eyes fell on Erin, still fumbling with her Anatomy Jane doll. "Erin, put that away. This isn't playtime," he snapped. Erin looked up at him.

"I'm not playing. I'm thinking," she said. "What if we just took out each of the organs where the tumor interferes with the blood supply?" she asked.

"By the time you clamp off the aorta, you run the risk of damaging the other organs," Erica said.

"Even if you take them out one by one?" Erin asked.

"You don't have the time, Grey," Erica sighed.

"What about if we made the time?" Erin said, looking at Richard. He looked at her, Anatomy Jane and then nodded.

"Dr. Bailey, let's throw some stuff up on the board," he said.

"You want to take out all of her abdominal organs. Intestine, stomach, everything?" Tori's mom asked.

"All at once?" Tori's dad asked.

"That's right," the chief nodded.

"We'll put the organs on ice while we dissect out the tumor, then reconnect the vessels using synthetic grafts and put the organs back in," Bailey explained.

"Why didn't Graham or Fleisher over at Lake Washington suggest this? They're a couple of smarties," Tori's grandmother said.

"Probably because it's never been done before," the chief said.

"It is extremely risky. There are any number of things that could go wrong," Hahn said.

"I-I don't know, Randy. Maybe we should try more chemo," Tori's mom said.

"Uh, with all due respect, Mrs. Begler, I don't think there's time for that," Bailey said.

"Is it gonna save her life?" Randy asked. 

"It's your best shot, your only shot," the chief said.

"Then do it," Randy nodded.

"Okay," the chief nodded.