(continued) Dinner part 2

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard a deep voice coming from the front door. I nervously ran as far away from the door I could and into the bathroom,

"what's wrong with me? Why am I acting like this? I thought to myself and bravely opened the door.

I walked into the living room revealing a woman with long brown auburn hair and deep green eyes which I guess had to be Austin's mother.

"You must be Lia" she said reaching to shake my hand. I gladly took it and quickly dropped it to my side avoiding looking at Austin who appeared to be leaning against the hallway.  

"why don't we eat?" my mother suggested moving toward the dinner table.  

Austin's mother then followed leaving me alone with Austin.

I gulped hoping he didn't hear me and started to leave when I felt a soft, yet very masculine hand reach mine as my palms began to get sweaty.

"Are you trying to avoid me? " he asked as his eyebrows formed with confusion.

"no" I said quickly trying to come up with an excuse. "I'm just busy, with unpacking"

"I think you and I both know that's a lie" he moved closer toward me.

"well" I said quickly changing the subject. " Have to go now, bye" running upstairs toward my room. When I finally got inside, I closed the door and locked it. I collapsed on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"why can't I just act normal and not always act nervous when I'm around him?" I thought but then I heard a knock at my door.

"Sweetie? Are you coming downstairs?" my mother asked from outside.

"No it's okay, I'm not hungry" I said removing my makeup and dress into my black sweatpants.

"okay, if your hungry,the food is in the fridge" she said as her voice became faint.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun then layed back onto my bed. I then thought of something, to make these stupid feelings go away, I should just try being friends with him.

Yeah, friends, that won't be so hard, right?