Chapter Thirty: Meeting and Cake

ابدأ من البداية

What was wrong?

I only said something so Voldemort wouldn't target me.

"It has come to my attention that Potter and Sirius Black have gotten fairly close." Professor Snape exclaimed. "Could that be of relevance?"

"Indeed, Severus. I will create an image of torture on Sirius so that Harry Potter would arrive at the Ministry." the dark lord explained. "Lucius, Killian, Bellatrix, Rockwood, and Nott will go to the Ministry and wait for the arrival of Harry Potter."

Everyone who's name he called nodded.

"Yes my lord." they all said.

It was a hour after the death eater meeting and we were back at Hogwarts. I stayed in Persephone's room and changed into some pajamas she lended me before heading back to my room.

I started hearing voices in the halls, so I hid behind a corner.

"Quickly." Hermione whispered to someone. "We mustn't be seen."

I didn't know what they were doing but I knew they weren't following the rules. It wasn't like Hermione to be a rule breaker. I haven't talked to her in a little while but I knew she didn't change too much.

She's always been the same.

"Blimey, Hermione. We got all the time in the world no need to rush me." Ron whined.

Maybe it wasn't a good option to talk to them. I didn't know what they were doing but maybe it was best that I didn't interfiere. I didn't want to be in any more trouble than I should be. I carefully crept away without any of them noticing and slowly walked to the Slytherin common room without waking anyone up.

I muttered the password and quietly walked inside.

"What are you doing out here?" A voice questioned me softly. I looked next to me and saw Draco leaning on the wall, a wide smirk plastered on his face.

My heart skipped a beat as I realized he was there.

"Out for a midnight stroll I see." he exclaimed, crossing his arms as he furrowed his eyebrows at me. I almost laughed at his stupid remark. I had to let him believe me, though.

I couldn't let him know what I was really doing.

"Of course, and what are you still doing awake? Isn't it past your bedtime?" I inquire, confidently stepping towards him.

His eyes squinted as he looked me up and down.

"I just needed to clear my head." I explain softly.

It wasn't the full truth but I did need to clear my head from everything that happened today. It wasn't that bad if I told part of the truth.

Right?

"Can I join you?" Draco asked. "I don't know what's really happening and I hope you can explain it."

I really wanted to help him. I don't think he knew exactly what happened.

"We can go for a walk." I exclaim, holding out my hand for him to grab. He gazed down at my hand with a blank expression. He could've been trying to process what I was doing or he was debating what he should do. It didn't really matter though, he still didn't remember everything.