Chapter Thirty: Meeting and Cake

Start from the beginning

I felt bad that he didn't know about this.

The room felt colder as more and more people walked in, each person scarier than the last.

"You'll be okay, Moon." Persephone whispered. "It's not that bad once you get used to it."

I didn't want to get used to this. I didn't like how I felt here. I felt powerless and hopeless. Everyone in the room had some power over me. I was barely in the end of my fifth year, I was nothing compared to the people in this room.

I looked around as more people walked in, until I saw someone I never thought I'd see.

Profesor Snape?

What was he doing here? Is this why he didn't freak out when he saw my mark?

After a few minutes the death eaters stopped walking in. I soon saw a familiar pale man walk in wearing a black robe.

Voldemort.

"Welcome my friends. I see we have some newcomers here. I am so glad that we've gained a bigger following through this journey." he explained in a raspy voice.

I wasn't ready for this journey.

"I'd like to start this meeting by discussing our future plans." he said, sitting down at the end of the table. I didn't like the feeling of being in his presence.

Persephone held out her hand under the table. I carefully clutched it. The comforting warmth of her hand making me feel safe. I was glad that I wasn't in this alone.

"Lucius." Voldemort called. "You will get us into the Ministry. We must despise a plan for Potter to arrive there."

Not a second later, a large green snake covered in blood, slithered in the room and stopped beside the dark lord.

I squeezed onto Persephone's hand tighter. She turned to me and slowly nodded. She knew what I was thinking and I knew she felt the same. She was a true friend, and the only person who would truly understand everything.

She was amazing.

The dark lord suddenly stopped talking and stared into space. It must've been a few seconds before he looked around the room again.

"It seems that my mind and Harry Potter's mind are connected. This will be the reason he goes to the Ministry. Now, come up with ideas."

"Show an image of his parents." a wrinkly short man exclaimed, with a shaky hand.

"No, wormtail!" the dark lord shouts. "That's a useless idea."

More death eaters shouted out their ideas. I didn't want to sell him out, but I needed to say something.

I never wanted to betray a friend.

"We could torture someone, traumatize the boy." Bellatrix added with an evil smile.

She truly was scary.

"You could have one of his prized possessions. Like a book or present of some kind." I say softly. Persephone turns to look at me with widened eyes, her fingers slowly lost their grip on mine. She let out a small sigh as she turned away.