"No, into the Slytherin rooms!" She shrugs her shoulders. "It was easy, I found out the password from one of the first years, they thought I was a Slytherin despite my Gryffindor uniform" she rolls her eyes and continues. "I already knew where the common room was. Nobody stopped me, so I just walked in."

She talks like it's the simplest thing in the world. Slytherin's common room is notoriously difficult to find if you don't belong to Slytherin, the winding tunnels and stairs of the dungeons throw off any outsiders.

I pick up my uniform that I'd folded and placed on my trunk, ready to wear, and hold it close to me. "What do you want that's important enough for you to come here?" Hermione looks at me for the first time and I see a strange thing in her eyes. "It's Harry. I've tried talking to your brother and he tells me that I'm mad. There's something... different about him since we returned to Hogwarts. It's like there's something wrong, but he doesn't know what." She sighs deeply and stares at me as if I know something more than her. "Why're you telling me this? There's nothing I can do. I'm just the slimy snake." I raise my eyebrows as I throw one of her own quotes back at her. Hermione knots her eyebrows and frowns. "You know I don't like you Juliet, it's not just because you're in Slytherin. But I bothered to tell you because you were closer to Cedric than anyone else I know. I thought that you could talk to Harry, maybe find out if it's what happened to Cedric that's bothering him."

I look at her and am filled with disgust. She came here and has the nerve to insult me and then bring up Cedric. How dare she speak about him to me! And of course Harry might be a little different this term, he'd seen someone get murdered, had the most difficult summer probably of his entire life, thought that he'd been expelled from Hogwarts only for defending himself and his cousin. Hermione has no right to say Cedric's name. I snarl at her, and before I can stop myself, I hiss "Get the hell out of my room, before I use one of the three curses."

To my surprise, Hermione stands up and leaves my room, taking a heavy leather bound book that she must have brought with her. She shuts the door gently and I flick my wand "Colloportus!" I scream, locking the door in case she tries to come back. Now that I'm alone, I sink to my knees and bury my head in my hands. What would Cedric do? Would he ignore Hermione?

I shake my head; of course he wouldn't. Cedric was the good guy, he'd never ignore a friend in need. In order to be respectful to his memory, I had no choice but to do what she asked and speak to Harry, not that he'd probably be completely truthful with me if he wouldn't tell his two best friends what was bothering him. But Harry's been there for me, despite being best friends with Ron, and I suppose that I owe him.

I get dressed quickly, black skirt, my pressed white shirt, the green, silver and black striped tie, black tights, my black ankle boots and a long sleeved black blazer with a green collar. I apply a quick layer of mascara to my eyelashes and brush my hair, letting it loose around my shoulders but clipping my fringe away from my eyes. It's 6.45am now, how Hermione got out unnoticed I'll never know. I sort the books that I'll need for today; transfiguration, potions, defence against the dark arts, Muggle studies, care of magical creatures and Herbology.

Also adding a couple of quills and some blank parchment to my navy tote, I fasten my shoelaces and gaze longingly at the broom in the corner. Quidditch practice doesn't start until next week, and for a few weeks it'll just be picking new recruits and training them. We don't have our first match until November, as usual it'll be against Gryffindor. We've lost to them for the past 4 years in a row, but that's because they didn't have me playing as Seeker before. Now, we'll be practically unstoppable if I do say so myself.

I grab my wand and flick it, unlocking my bedroom door and then I push it into my pocket. Throwing my bag over my shoulder I leave the bedroom, shutting the door behind me and walk quickly down the dim green hallway. I hurry so that I won't run into Honey or Sophia, who I haven't seen since the night before. But that doesn't stop Draco Malfoy from silently sneaking up behind me and whispering 'boo' in my ear, causing me to jump out of my skin and hold my wand to his throat.