She ran over to see what was happening, they were standing close to each other, shouting insults, arguing for a reason she couldn't work out.

"Oi, what's going on?" She called.

"Go back up to the castle, Burke," James replied, not bothering to look at her as she approached.

Evan said something too quiet for El to hear, but the four Gryffindors reacted badly to whatever it was. Anger was evident on their faces, especially James'. He walked purposefully towards Evan but was stopped by El standing in his way.

"Potter, relax," she placed a hand on his chest to push him back, "What's wrong with all of you? Four against one isn't a fair fight,"

"You should've heard what he was saying though, he-"

"I don't care what he said, Black," she snapped, "Come on, we're leaving,"

"Which one of them are you shagging now?" Evan taunted, "Started with Potter, is it Black?"

El stopped walking away and turned slowly to face him, "What?" she spat.

"Well you're quickly ploughing your way through the school, who's next?" he sneered.

Now completely facing him, Els face contorted in rage. "That's why i wanted to punch him," James added.

"Not helping, Prongs," Remus muttered.

Too quickly for anyone to react, El swung her fist, hitting Evan square across the jaw. He stumbled backwards before scrambling away.

"El-"

"I should go shower," she didn't look at any of them, walking off holding her bruised knuckles.

***

"How's your hand?" James asked, sitting on the sofa of their common room as El came out of the shower with a towel over her body.

"Fine," she walked into her dorm to go get dressed.

James followed in her a leant on the side of her door frame, "Are you okay?"

"Fine," she dissmissed, "I need to get changed, get out,"

He gave a tight lipped smile and shut the door, waiting in the common for her.

Not saying anything when she walked back out, El took a seat on the sofa as far away from James as she could.

"Don't even think on what Rosier said," James attempted to comfort.

"Potter, i said i'm fine,"

"Right, yeh, sorry," he muttered, "You aren't a slag-"

"Potter, stop - wait, he called me a slag?" her voice was quiet, sounding far more offended than he'd ever heard her.

"He must've said it before you got there," James mumbled, "Sorry, i shouldn't have brought that up,"

"Got what he deserved anyway," she chuckled lightly.

"You throw a good punch to be fair," James looked proudly at her, "Remind me not to get on your bad side,"