1

N E W  Y E A R
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Year 6

Scarlett's POV:

I lay in bed trying to force myself to get up and start my day but instead I decided to take in the scenery that was outside my window. As I pressed my face against the glass I noticed it was beginning to rain letting it's tiny droplets hit my window. I sat for a few more minutes until I heard footsteps coming from down the hall. It was my brother, knowing that he takes 50 years to get ready for anything I scattered around my room and quickly gathered my things to get into the washroom before him. I swing my door open and sprint past him to enter our joined washroom and closed the door in his face.

"Scarlett what the hell I need to get ready!" He shouted from the other side of the wooden door. Since it was our first day back I decided to mess with him, cracking the door open just a little i stick my tongue out before shutting the door again.

"SCARLETT!!"

"I'll be out in 20 minutes, quit yelling you bloody tosspot, while you're at it go help Sam and Oliver with breakfast." I responded in a soft tone. Being annoyed with my response he mumbled something under his breath, while dragging his feet down our long hallway to help the house elf's. Turning the faucet on, I take a few minutes to myself before jumping into the shower. Not sure if this is something I'm ready to do again, I begin to second guess my decision on going back to Hogwarts. Dreading the thoughts of it I let the warm water hit my body as i lather my body with soap. 20 minutes into my shower, like I said I would, I was startled by the sound of the bathroom door being knocked on.

"Scarlett! It's been 30 minutes, we need to catch the train!" I rolled my eyes, swinging the shower curtain open to grab my towel and approach him. Opening the door my brother's attitude made my blood boil even more.

"Do you fucking mind? And it's only been 20 minutes Dean don't you know how time works?"

"Whatever, just hurry up and get dressed, mum and the house elf's are setting up the table they want us to eat soon." Slamming the door in my face I scuff at his rudeness and hurry back to my room to get ready.

"Good morning miss. Thomas, I've ironed and set your clothes out for the day"

I looked down to see Sam, the family house elf, getting my belongings together so I wouldn't need to rush.

"Good morning Sam! Thank you so much you didn't have to do that for me"

"I insist miss it is your last day here and I am not sure when I will see miss.Thomas again."

I gave her a soft smile before she began to walk out my room closing the heavy door behind her. I chuckled at the outfit she had picked out for me, our favorite floral olive green dress. Sam picked this dress out when I got it from Diagon Alley my 5th year and ever since then she would always tell me to wear it.

'Hey Sam i have these two dresses and I'm not sure which one to wear today, I would love for you to pick for me today'

'Sam loves the green one miss.Thomas'

'I thought the same, it's lovely isn't it?'

'Yes miss, you would look even more beautiful than you
already are.'