4. Drunken Bani 🍷

Start from the beginning

Veer woke up in the middle of night hearing Bani's mumble. She was shivering and kept mumbling something. Veer went near her to hear that and he heard she was saying 'mumma', 'I'm feeling cold' and 'mumma' repeatedly. He touched her forehead and realised she's having fever again. He quickly woke her up and gave medicines for fever. She refused first but he forcefully made her to take the medicines and placed a wet cloth on her forehead while she dozed off again. Veer stayed awake the whole night and was regularly checking her temperature until it reduced. He finally drifted off at 7am. Both of them skipped the classes for the day as Bani was not feeling well and Veer was not getting enough sleep.

At 10 in the morning :
Bani woke up when she heard the sound of calling bell for the fifth time. She turned to see Veer, who was sleeping beside her in the sitting position. She got up from the bed and went downstairs to open the main door. She saw the two servants, Maria and Chinky were waiting for her there to open the door.
Maria : Good morning, beti. Are you feeling better now?
Bani : Good morning, Maria. Yes, I'm doing better now. Come in.
Chinky : Maria, I will go to the kitchen first. (She left)
Maria : Beti, you both are not going to college today right? (Bani's eyes widened)
Only then Bani realised that they had skipped their classes for the day.
Bani : Oh shit! It's 10am already. But Maria why are you late today? You both are supposed to be here at 6am.
Maria : No dear. Veer beta called me in the morning before 6 and asked me to come at 10am as you were having fever again so you both are not going to college today.
Bani : Okay, Maria. Please prepare something for breakfast. I'm feeling hungry.
Maria : Okay, beti. You go and freshen up yourself first. The breakfast will be ready in 10 minutes.
Bani nodded and went back to her room. She slowly made Veer lay down on the bed as he was sleeping uncomfortably while resting his back on the headboard and covered a duvet on him. Then she went to do her morning routine in the washroom and came out after 15 minutes whereas at the same time, the servant entered the room with the breakfast for both of them. Bani thanked her and had her breakfast first as she wanted to let Veer to sleep for some more time. Veer woke up around 11:45am and searched for Bani beside him then he turned around to see her sitting on the sofa while talking on a call.
Bani : Mumma, Veer had just woke up. (She said she saw him getting up)
Bani : Okay, mumma. Bubye. (She cut the call)
Veer : Who was that?
Bani : Mom.
Veer : Your mom or my mom?
Bani : My mom.
Veer : What she said?
Bani : She asked me why we didn't go to the college today so I explained her what was the reason.
Veer : Oh okay. Btw, did you tell her how I was taking care of you last night? (He smirked)
Bani : Stop showing off, Veer. (She rolled her eyes)
Veer : Fine! I will go and freshen up first. (He walked away to his room)

During lunch time, Veer and Bani waited at the dining table for Maria to serve their lunch.
Bani : Maria, I'm hungry!!!! (She exclaimed while holding the spoon and fork in her both hands)
Maria : 2 minutes, beti. It's done.
Bani : You have been telling this since 20 minutes. Faster, Maria!!! (She stood up on her chair and started jumping there)
Veer : Bani, get down now. Don't break the chair.
Bani : I'm hungry!!!
Veer : But you just had your breakfast an hour ago.
Bani : Shut up! Maria, faster please!!
Maria : Children, lunch is ready. (She exclaimed while walking towards them with the tray of food) Beti, why are you standing on the chair? Get down now or else you might fall down.
Veer : Get down, Bani.
Bani : No, you serve the food on my plate first then only I will get down. (She pouted as a stubborn child)
Veer : Miss Drama Queen, you are not a 3-year-old kid. You are 23 already so stop acting childishly and get down now.
Maria : Get down, beti. (She went near Bani and pulled her down to sit on the chair)
Bani sulked and started eating her lunch as if she didn't had anything to eat from the past 6 months.
Veer : Eat slowly, sweetheart. No one will snatch the food away from you. (He chuckled)
Bani glared at him while stuffing her mouth.
Bani : Maria, where is my ice cream?
Maria : Ice cream? I thought you are having fever, beti.
Bani : No, I'm not having fever now. Can you please get me the chocolate ice cream?
Veer : No, Maria. Don't listen to her.
Bani : Veer!! This is how you treat your guest is it? (She sulked)
Veer : But you are not my guest, babe. (He winked)
Bani : Shut up and Maria, please bring my ice cream. (She showed her puppy face)
Maria : No beti, I can't. Veer beta strictly ordered me to not give you ice cream for the next 1 week.
Veer : Yes. No ice cream for you, Bani. Last night only you had fever so there are chances for you to get sick again.
Bani : Arghhh I hate you both!!! (She exclaimed exasperatedly and walked away to upstairs)
Maria : Beta, I think she got angry with us. Should I give her the ice cream?
Veer : That's okay, Maria. She is not really angry. She is just trying to gain the sympathy. Don't fall into her trap. (He explained and Maria chuckled)
Maria : Okay, beta. And one more thing, can I get 2 hours permission to go back home? My younger son is not feeling well so I want to bring him to the hospital.
Veer : Sure, Maria. But not 2 hours permission, you take leave until your son gets well. Since only 2 of us are at home so I guess we can manage it. The another servant is here so you don't worry about anything.
Maria : No beta, Chinky is also not here. She left just now when she received an emergency call.
Veer : That's alright, Maria. You may take your leave now. I will take care of Bani and myself.
He reassured her and sent her off to her house.