Chapter 13: First Date

"It was instinctive, the way I fell for you

"It was instinctive, the way I fell for you. Like an effortless intake of breath"
-Josh Walker

My beautiful Cess,

I miss you everyday, but now I need you. I'm going on my first date since my final year of school. Yes, Hell is probably frozen.
His name is Remus. You'd love him. He's a little older, tall, shy and handsome, and he's a werewolf. I know- not that shocking. I wish you could help me pick out an outfit. I miss you.

Love, Britt ...

The days surrounding the full moon comprise of Brigitte entertaining herself so she doesn't go stir crazy with worry over Remus. She had received a letter from Dumbledore, hoping for a speedy recovery and urging her to rest until her leg completely heals, leaving her little to do.

"Sirius!", Brigitte hisses up the stairs. While her leg is almost good as new, she'd rather not climb the fourth set of stairs or invade the wizards privacy. He has been sleeping most of the day, so he can ignore the fact that he cannot assist Remus during the full moon.

"Filthy Mudblood yells in my Mistresses house. Mistress would be devastated to hear the voice of such vermin", Kreacher croaks as he emerges from the bedroom opposite of Sirius'.

"Evening, Kreacher ... I'm a half-blood by the way. Werewolf father is Muggleborn.". The wrinkly elf looks at Brigitte in horror before running down the stairs away from her.

"I think he likes you", Sirius yawns, leaning on his doorway. He slips a band shirt over his tattooed torso. "What you want, Love? Meeting starting already?".

"No, but that's why I'm here. You don't need to stay in your room until tonight's meeting. I'm not Remus, but I can be good company", she tries to entice him.

"Mhmm. Moony seems to really like your company", Sirius wiggles his brows. "Come. You can help me feed Buckbeak".

"I'll watch you feed Buckbeak".

"Ugh, such a girl. It's just dead rats".

"That's right, and don't make me show you what this girl can do". Brigitte snaps her finger, making a little firework-like spark in front of Sirius' face.

That shuts him up. While he feeds Beaky, Brigitte sits on the floor and scribbles through her notes on the anti-werewolf legislation. Since she's little to no help for Sirius, she can dedicate her energy to this instead.

"So, ya gonna help Moony?".

"Remus, and all werewolves in this country. I will try, at least. Your Ministry is something else", Brigitte shudders at the idea of facing the harsh Wizengamot-- the magical High Court.

"If there's anyone who can do it, it's you! I've heard your credentials. Remus might have doted on you a few times", Sirius giggles. "He's fucking smitten".