𝟏𝟑

•DELIVERY BOYS

DELIVERY BOYS...AND GIRL
"once you form an alliance with rafe, you're considered one of them."

BACK IN THE TWINKIE and driving through the dirt road, a gnawing sensation in my stomach started to form

BACK IN THE TWINKIE and driving through the dirt road, a gnawing sensation in my stomach started to form. In less than an hour, I had to be seated at the Cameron dinner table, watching mom make uncomfortable small talk and Rafe do...whatever stupidity it is that he does at the dinner table. I wouldn't know.

"I cannot believe that your dad is actually working with Ward Cameron," JJ breathed out from behind me. I had told them the news mere minutes ago, and it was still as much a shock as it was the moment it left my lips.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" John B said, his mouth still on a small circle.

"Does this mean you're gonna have to, like, get along with Rafe?" Kie asked from the front at the same time, and from the way her voice wavered, I knew she was crinkling her nose.

"No- no! I'm not," I sighed, resting my head back on the rest. "I'm just gonna go be there for my dad tonight, and then never again."

John B nodded in understanding, jutting his lower lip out and shrugging his shoulders. "Hey, if you sneak us in, you think we could eat the scraps Ward's servants bring back to the kitchen?"

"Aw, that's foul," JJ laughed. "I call the little crab cakes, John B."

"I want the appetizers." John B bounced back.

"Nah-" JJ held up his index finger. "They're called hors d'oeuvres, bro."

"You guys are supposed to make me feel better," I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my seat.

"Isabel, you'll be fine," Kie turned in her seat to face me. "Like you said, just one night, right?"

"Yeah, just do what I do," Pope nodded. "Don't talk unless someone asks you something, and then before you know it, the night is over."