"Katerina...she's beautiful." Elijah whispered,  in awe of the tiny life they created. "She is...and ironically, she's a fall equinox baby." Katherine sniffed. "She needs a fitting name." Elijah said. "Salem...Salem Rhayne Mikaelson." She whispered, making him chuckle. "Not after that cat." He teased. "No...our peaceful little princess." Katherine smiled. "I love it...will she ride with the babe?" Elijah asked. 

"Yes...you will have to ride behind." The doctor told him. "Very well...I will be right behind you, Katerina." Elijah promised. "Bring me something to put on afterwards please." She asked. "I've got someone handling that." He promised, making her nod as they were transferred to another bed and the baby was put into an incubator. 

Damon saw her face as they were rolled out and sighed. He saw the tiny baby and how small she was. Elijah was talking to someone, sounding annoyed until he heard a name. Elena saw him listening. 

"Niklaus...this is not about you...my daughter is fighting for her life...I will not leave her or her mother...your witch in Boston happened...we will see how things go but right now I will not...they need me...I've been at your side a thousand years...don't act as if I am denying you anything." Elijah snarled before hanging up. 

"What?" Elena asked. "Klaus being a dick...I'm going to drive him up...that kid is innocent." Damon told her, making her frown.  "So what?" Elena said. "So, it was my doing that put her there...I heard the baby's heart and thought I was hearing things...its on me if that baby doesn't survive." Damon snapped, making her stare. 

"Damon...I do not blame you for that...I should have insisted on Katerina staying behind." Elijah said. "Well, there is nothing we can do now...I can give you a ride up." Damon said, making him nod. "Thank you...And thank you Sheriff for the the escort." Elijah said. 

"Its nothing...I would do it for anyone with a baby that little...but she's a fighter...good luck Elijah." She smiled. "Thank you." Elijah replied. 

Damon and Elijah drove to Richmond behind the ambulance and police escort. The younger vampire saw him fiddling with the ring box in his pocket and smirked. Elijah saw his smile and turned to him. 

"What?" He asked. "Thinking of popping the question?" He asked ."I am...just thinking right now isn't the best." Elijah sighed. "What did you get her?" Damon replied. "A black diamond with the wedding band with it...its in a separate box." Elijah told him as he passed the box to him. 

Damon opened the box and saw the elegant ring

Damon opened the box and saw the elegant ring. It was fitting for her. The black diamond was just bold enough for Katherine to make a statement. It was not gaudy or overly flashy. He smiled closing it and handing it back to Elijah. 

"Its fitting...I would do it when the baby makes her first milestone...maybe when you get to hold her for the first time." Damon replied, making him look at him. "I will keep that in mind...you are helping me and yet you know my brother is coming to kill the woman you are in love with?" Elijah said, making him sigh. "I know...but kids are innocent...Elena doesn't understand that yet...I've seen Stefan rip apart entire families including kids...I don't want that kind of blood on my hands...and part of me will always love Katherine but you've got the real her...I'll settle at this point for being there for her when you have to go help Klaus." Damon said, making him smile. "Thank you...I will let you know how the baby is as much as I can." Elijah said, seeing the truce that he was offering.