Chapter 11: Confronted (part 1)

Zacznij od początku

Anna grew up in a privileged family. Her father was a respectable businessman, while her mother was a stay at home mom and amazing hostess. Her parents had sheltered her from quite a lot. Anna had attended a private school for her entire life and had not been apart of  any extracurricular activities. Her father would have even hidden her away from her grandfather if the chance presented itself.

This is why Anna felt so frightened. She had been tucked under her parents thumb and never been around any displays of violence, so the sight of a bunch of shifters, with big muscles, fighting and yelling, didn't appeal to her. It made AnnaLee nervous to know that they could hurt her easily, and she could do nothing about it.

Dont be a coward. Dont be a coward. Anna chanted to herself.

These words didn't help at all, because when Maks opened the door for her, she forgot about being brave.

Men were competing everywhere. Some were wrestling on mats. Others lifting weights.

Women were here as well, but not many.

AnnaLee reached over and grabbed two of Maksim's fingers in her hand. She knew he wouldn't approve of her holding his hand entirely, but she was hoping to get away with this small gesture. Anna just wanted to make sure he stayed with her.

When her actions seemed to go unnoticed she sighed in relief.

Anna was soon being pulled to the ring in the back.

Two men were fighting in the ring, throwing punches and growling.

Oli stood on the outside of the ring watching the match intently, as if he was scrutinizing every detail.

As the two walked closer, Oli noticed and smiled at them.

"Alpha Lukin." Oli greeted.

"Oli." Maksim nodded, watching as Oli turned to Anna.

"Luna, I'm glad to finally meet you properly. Last time I saw you, you were being ushered out of my office quickly. " Oli spoke kindly to her, hoping to ease her anxiety. He could smell it all over her.

"It's nice to meet you, too." Anna managed. Her irrational fear was slowly dissipating. Something in Oli's kind voice soothed her.

"Just give up already, Valentin! Vy mozhete poprobovat', chtoby sokhranit' nekotoryye iz vashego dostoinstva." (You could try to save some of your dignity.- Russian)

Anna turned her gaze back to the ring. She was surprised that the two men fighting were Nik and Valentin.

Nik had managed to capture Valentin's arm securely behind his back. This allowed Nik to push Val's face into the ring, twisting his arm painfully.

"YA tebya nenavizhu."(I hate you- Russian) Val grunted out.

Nik laughed playfully. "And you're going to hate me more if you don't submit right now."

"No!" Valentin hissed through pain.

"Val. Val. Val. Do you really want me to make you beg for mercy in front of your Alpha and Luna?"

Anna's eyes widened. Nik was being unfair to Valentin.

Over the last few days, Anna had realized that Valentin was not the smartest wolf in the pack and often made mistakes. Because of this, Nik and Maksim didn't take him seriously, and he was the butt of many jokes.

Regardless, he didn't deserve to be humiliated.

She knew from the books she had read that Nik was only trying to display his dominance.

The presence of his Alpha and Luna did not help. It would only cause him to be more ruthless to win their favor.

Anna looked at Maksim expectantly, only to see that he was making no move to stop Nik.

As if on cue, Nik twisted Valentin's arm again, making his eyes water. At the sight before her, Anna felt a protectiveness take over her mind.

If Maksim wouldn't stop this, Anna would easily display her own dominance.

"Nik, stop!" Anna shouted.

"Oh, Anna, he's fine." Nik said, brushing her off. He hadn't even looked at her. If he had he would have seen how serious she really was.

Anna's body grew tense. Nik wasn't taking her seriously.

"Right now I'm not your friend, Niklaus. I'm your Luna." Nik's eyes snapped to her's in an instant. She noticed as he flinched back, but the beta made no move to free the wolf underneath him.

"I said let him go!" Anna yelled. Her voice remained authoritative even as it trembled. Anna's body shook from anger, as tears pricked her eyes, but she would not let them fall.

Immediately, Valentin was released.

AnnaLee wasted no time crawling to him, to look over his injuries. Val seemed fine besides a few bruises that would heal in no time.

As she looked over his face, Anna frowned. Val's head was bowed, and his eyes trained on the floor.

She turned to face Nik in confusion, only to find him positioned the same way.

"Nik?" Anna asked with her brows furrowed.

"I offer you my complete submission, Luna." He spoke, refusing to meet her gaze.

Soon, many voices echoed through the gym, replacing AnnaLee's confusion.

"I offer you my complete submission, Luna." They all said in unsion.

Anna turned around and gasped. Every shifter in the room was facing her with their head bowed, eyes cast towards the ground.

Then she realized what she had done.

Anna just accepted her position as Luna.

______________________________

What do you think about the sudden events in Anna's life?

I think it's crazy how Anna was accepted into her role as the pack's Luna before she was by her mate. But that's Maks. Always difficult.

Also, I'm curios. What do you guys think is happening to Maksim?

And let's not forget Kender... Anna still hasn't talked to Maksim about Cassandra.

Remember to leave feedback :-)