The Story Unravels

Finally, the next chapter is here! I probably need to go in and edit it, but I knew I needed to post this as soon as possible, so here it is! This chapter was really hard for me to write, it brought back a lot of memories, but it's a good one(: Let me know what you think and editing suggestions if you have any, and enjoy! 

"Don't look any further than your own reflection for a hero." ~ Allyson Partridge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Suze? How are you feeling?" Selena sat on her niece's bed.

"I don't know. Better, I guess. I just wish I could get a hold of  Sam. He knows, he figured it out.  I've called him ten times today, and he hasn't answered." A tear fell down Suzie's cheek, and it killed Selena to see her niece so broken hearted.

"He'll call when he's ready. He's probably just overwhelmed, first what happened with you, and now Puppy. It's a lot for one boy to handle." Selena tucked a strand of Suzie's hair behind her ear.

"Wait, what's wrong with Puppy?" Suzie sat up as her brother entered the room.

"You didn't hear? Riddler got her."

"What would Riddler want with her?" Suzie looked at her brother, and was shocked at the way he was reacting to the news.

"Why do you care so much? You don't even know her."

"I don't care." Danny looked down at the ground, and Suzie noticed  the worried look on her brother's face.

"Bruce said it had something to do with her adoptive father getting revenge on her birth father. He doesn't know why Riddler is involved, but it can't be good." Selena replied, giving Suzie a familiar look.

"Is Batman looking for her?" Suzie asked, keeping Bruce's identity a secret in front of her brother. She hated keeping secrets from him, but she couldn't let him know who she was and what she did. 

"Bruce contacted him. He's doing what he can to find her." Selena assured her neice. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get up." Puppy yelped as she felt a boot kick her rib. Micheal scowled at the girl as she slowly picked herself off of the cold cement ground. "You stupid brat. Did you really believe you could get rid of me that easily?" Puppy was up against a wall. She had no idea where she was, she could only think about what her step-father was going to do to her.

 "Why did you come back?" Puppy stuttered and looked at the man who had been torturing her for her entire life, and for the first began to feel anger and hatred replace her fear.

"Because, my dear daughter, I always finish what I started."

"So, what? You're going to 'finish' me? It's not enough to know that I'm never going to be able to trust anyone or have an average life? You have to, what? Kill me? Will my death be what finally satisfies whatever need you have that makes you torture me? Or will you just find some other victim?" Micheal slapped Puppy and threw her against the brick wall. She cringed as she felt her head slam against the wall.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that, girl. You think you're so smart and tough, but look at you! You'll always be a little girl cowering in the corner. You talk a big game, but you can't even stand up." He kicked her in the ribs again, and Puppy felt a rib break under his boot.

A tear fell down her cheek, and Micheal laughed. Puppy cringed at the sound of his maniacal laughter.

"Look at you! You're pathetic! Maybe I will kill you. But I'm gonna have a little fun first. 

"Where are you, Puppy?" Sam whispered to the computer as he searched for his friend.

"Any luck?"Clarkasked, staring at the large screen.

"None. Puppy's phone is off, there's no sign of her anywhere. You know Micheal. Do you have any idea where he might have taken her?"

  "My guess is some abandoned building or warehouse. Someplace where no one will find them." Sam nodded his head and narrowed his search to every abandoned building around the city. "That's a lot of abandoned buildings. This might take a while."

"We don't have a while." Clark grumbled and walked out of the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puppy crawled to the wall as Micheal left the room. She struggled to regain the breath he had kicked out of her, and began to cry.

"Look at you, Puppy. When did you become so weak? I thought you were my daughter." Puppy sawClarkshaking his head at her from across the room.

"What? What are you doing here?" She rubbed her eyes bruised eyes, trying to rid herself of the illusion.

"I'm here to help you. But I can't help if you're just going to lay there like a mess. Get up! I thought you said your mother told you about me? You're my daughter, now start acting like it!" Puppy couldn't think; her head was pounding from the pain and she tried to remember what her mother had told her aboutClark.

"What do you mean? You're just a journalist." Clarksmiled at her, and she struggled to hold on to the fact that he was an illusion.

"No, sweetheart, think. You know that's not who I really am. Your mother told you about me. Think. Remember who I really am. Remember who you really are."Clarkdisappeared, leaving Puppy alone.  

"You're losing it, Pup." She told herself, wincing at her pain. Her left arm was broken, both her eyes were bruised, and she was bleeding in multiple places. As she gently laid herself down, she thought about whatClarkhad said in her illusion. She hadn't read the letter her mother had written her since she was a kid. "Who is he? What's so special about him?" Puppy laid on the cold ground, occasionally wincing at the pain, and tried to remember what her mother had told her about her father, and then she remembered.

"You're Superman!" She yelled at no one, and her illusion reappeared.

"That's it, Puppy! I'm Kryptonian, and so are you. You have the strength to save yourself, Pup. You always did."

"What are you yelling at, girl?" Micheal slammed the door open andClarkdisappeared.

"No one." She glared at her step-father and thought about what she realized. She didn't need to be afraid anymore. She didn't need to put up with Micheal hurting her.

Puppy stood up slowly and began to walk towards Micheal.

"Well, look at you. You really think that you're going to stand up to me now? Like that? You can barely move!" Micheal laughed at her, and she punched him with her good arm, sending him against the wall. Shocked, Micheal stood up and wiped the blood from the corner of his lip.

"What was that?" He yelled, and Puppy smirked.

"I guess you never knew about my father." Micheal glared and stood up.

"You're father isClarkKent, wimpy little journalist. You really think that his genes gave you the strength to fight?"

"No, but Superman's genes do." Puppy smirked as Micheal's confused face turned into one of pure shock.

"Kent is- But- And why- how- Then why are you just fighting back now? And how- If you are who you say you are, how have I-" Micheal stammered through the many questions running through his mind.

"I'm still half human. That's why you've been able to hurt me like you have. And I didn't fight back because I didn't know I could. But none of that matters now, because you're done. No more. I'm going to make sure of that. " Micheal's eyes widened in fear, and he braced himself for death. "I'm not going to kill you. I'm not like you, I'm not a killer. No, I'm going to let you rot, alone. I'm going to let you die naturally, alone with thoughts of all the mistakes you've made. Goodbye, Micheal." Puppy walked out of the room and closed the door, locking Micheal in. "And good riddance."