eleven

i was back at the dojo, standing behind aisha, i guess eli quit, i thought to myself. i was kind of in my own world, when i heard footsteps, i looked up, it was just sensei. he walked out and towards the front of the dojo, where we were all facing. "three more absences, sensei." miguel told the man who just continued walking. "bunch of pussies." aisha said, i frowned at that. "no, it's my fault." sensei said and i looked him in the eyes as i stood there, my arms behind my back. "since you joined cobra kai, i've been hard on you." he continued. "i've called you names, i've humiliated you, some of you i've hit." he said and i thought back to demetri. "and for that, i don't apoligize." sensei said, honestly. "cobra kai is about strength. if you're not strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the inside." he told us. "and right now, you're all weak."

miguel had looked back at me and i just smiled at him politely before he turned back around facing the front of the room again. "and i know that, because i was you." sensei told us. "i used to have no friends. used to be the weirdo kid. not that weird, i hooked up with babes and all, but.." he said, getting off track. "the point is, i wasn't always the badass sensei i am today." he told everyone. "just like a cobra, i had to shed my loser skin to find my true power." sensei said as he looked over to me, i furrowed my eyebrows at him. "and you guys will too." he said before he looked away from me. 

just as he finished talking i heard the door bell jingle and i looked over, someone walked inside. he had a blue mohawk and i didn't think i had ever seen him before but at the same time he looked so familiar. "welcome to cobra kai." sensei said. "eli, what happened." miguel spoke up and that's when i realised, it was eli. the boy looked over to me and smirked before looking back to sensei lawrence, "i'm flipping the script." he told him. "wait, are you the kid with the lip?" sensei asked. "nice cut, bro." he said as he walked closer to the boy. "you see that." sensei then said as he started to point at eli. "doesn't matter if you're a loser, or a nerd, or a freak." sensei told us. "all that matters is that you become badass." he said. i looked back over to eli who just smirked at me again, this was.. different. "hawk." sensei said and i looked back over to the man. "fall in." he instructed eli or shall i say, hawk. 

hawk had kicked off his shoes and walked onto the mat, "fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?" sensei asked hawk. "no sensei." hawk answered. "pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?" sensei asked aisha. "no sensei." aisha answered. "defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?" sensei asked miguel. "no sensei." miguel answered. "class, are you ready to learn the way of the fist?" sensei lawrence asked us. "yes sensei." we all responded.